Ginnie (or other caves) 12/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1:
Low budget diving remember :)
Trying to remember my college days on low budget, and to do so without envy at the free time, fun and general care free way things were back then!!

fgray1:
Low budget diving remember :)
But still underwater more then once a week :D

I could rent, but I'm going up to Marianna next weekend and I'd rather spend my money on a light up there since I can always get back to Peacock.

OneBrightGator:
But still underwater more then once a week :D

I could rent, but I'm going up to Marianna next weekend and I'd rather spend my money on a light up there since I can always get back to Peacock.
Very nice for you, get a real job and then starting telling us about your multiday diving :wink: Are you going up to dive with jviehe or others in the Panhandle? Busy next weekend, but would like to make the trip one day and dive a few of the springs around there, but plenty to keep me busy in cave country!

Spoke to Pete, will be picking up an HID for you this evening to use. So Peacock, or CE around 10.30 or so? Call me later to discuss your plans.

Light is being charged as i type. Its one of the wreck can ones, so Ben can keep burning long after i am done :wink: We are set to meet at Rennakers at 10.30ish.

Rick - i am slowly starting to appreciate the costs involved and i have barely scratched that surface!

OneBrightGator:
Early reports indicate that a good time was had by all. :D
Very short and sweet Ben. We had a good pair of dives, one down the Peanut, one done just past Pothole. It was nice to just get in the cave and dive. For some reason my mind did however keep mulling over what i would do (and coming up with the right answers) if x, y or z happened. My SAC rate is improving in the caves, so that is a bonus, it helped having Ben lead the way both dives, soon i shall, but its easier when you know the road ahead fairly well :wink:

It looked kind of busy before we suited up, but everyone cleared out. We only met two exiting divers on the first trip and as we left two were going in as we did our safety stop on the second dive. Viz varied a bit, the walls are still covered and not as reflective, but it was fun, i got to see more cave, i discussed proper technique on a few tougher bits - really go to do pull and glide once in a while on the solid stuff! All in all good, hoping to get in the caves again properly around xmas, new year at the latest!

Thanks for the dives Ben

simbrooks:
Very short and sweet Ben. We had a good pair of dives, one down the Peanut, one done just past Pothole. It was nice to just get in the cave and dive. For some reason my mind did however keep mulling over what i would do (and coming up with the right answers) if x, y or z happened. My SAC rate is improving in the caves, so that is a bonus, it helped having Ben lead the way both dives, soon i shall, but its easier when you know the road ahead fairly well :wink:

It looked kind of busy before we suited up, but everyone cleared out. We only met two exiting divers on the first trip and as we left two were going in as we did our safety stop on the second dive. Viz varied a bit, the walls are still covered and not as reflective, but it was fun, i got to see more cave, i discussed proper technique on a few tougher bits - really go to do pull and glide once in a while on the solid stuff! All in all good, hoping to get in the caves again properly around xmas, new year at the latest!

Thanks for the dives Ben

Sounds like you had a Wonderful time...That is great !!!
Ginny was pretty quiet. (cool weather kept away the crowds).
Worked on my reel work and general skills...

Glad you had a great time!!!

Blue Springs tomorrow morning...

Jean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom