Ginnie - She sure is purdy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InkDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Had some great dives at Ginnie Springs this past weekend. The tannic water from the Santa Fe is still covering The Ear which makes for a spectacular view from the deco log. The sun would not cooperate and it was cloudy, but the photos still came out pretty cool. Also took the camera into the cave and got some photos in there.

** Taken with a Nikon D200/10mm lens with Ikelite housing and Ikelite DS-125 strobe.

376629406_GG8RF-L.jpg

376633242_5vJWR-L.jpg

376629585_VGDh8-L.jpg

376639213_Fhzqu-L.jpg

377124469_V6SHL-L.jpg

Your photos rock, Don!

Your photos rock, Don!

This I definitely agree with but can somebody explain the surface appearance in the first two pictures? Have these been altered in some way? What the heck would give that appearance? Rock they definitely do.

Very good quaality pictures! I was there on Thursday and did look back going into the ear to see the 'fire on the water'.

Stunning pix

This I definitely agree with but can somebody explain the surface appearance in the first two pictures? Have these been altered in some way? What the heck would give that appearance? Rock they definitely do.

No, this is what it looks like. The tannic (brown) river water mixes with the clear water from the spring above the entrance. Looking up from within the semi-darkness of the entrance, the back light of the daylight gives this appearance of the water being on fire. It happens every year in the wet season when the river levels rise and water flows back to the springs.

No, this is what it looks like. The tannic (brown) river water mixes with the clear water from the spring above the entrance. Looking up from within the semi-darkness of the entrance, the back light of the daylight gives this appearance of the water being on fire. It happens every year in the wet season when the river levels rise and water flows back to the springs.

Thanks Meng. That is absolutely spectacular. I would love to see that in person.

Wow just stunning, thanks for sharing! If they were my pics I would so have that first one as my avatar!!!

OMG, what gorgeous pictures. THANK YOU for sharing the pics. They're all great but the first two shots are just amazing!!!!!

Wow just stunning, thanks for sharing! I they were my pics I would so have that first one as my avatar!!!

I could see that blown up large on my wall. I would also consider selling it to Hollywood because guarantee they could find a movie poster where it could apply.

Again, to the OP, spectacular.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom