Ginnie - She sure is purdy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, Meng is correct. The tannic river water "intrudes" on the crystal clear spring water and then swirls and mixes to create the "water on fire" If there is too much tannic water, you get nothing but darkness and if there is not enough, you get a dull effect. We were lucky that the river water had not receded this past weekend, so we got a good effect. If the sun had been out, it would have been even better, but I'll take what I can get. These photos don't compare to some of the spectacular ones from Jill Heinerth, Wes Skiles, Becky Kagan, but I took them, so they are special to me.

but I took them, so they are special to me.

My jaw dropped when I saw your pictures so they are special to me as well. Again, thank you for sharing!!

These photos don't compare to some of the spectacular ones from Jill Heinerth, Wes Skiles, Becky Kagan, but I took them, so they are special to me.

Funny you should say that, because my very first reaction (after "Wow!") was, "He's giving Jill Heinerth a run for her money!" Really, really nice pictures.

Awesome pictures.

Don I was in there Sunday.It really is a cool effect.I was wishing I had a camera myself.What some may not know is that it is moving and changing the whole time like storm clouds.And you can sit on the tree and watch it at your leisure.It is a great picture indeed.I saw Jill there Saturday with a cavern/intro class.She has some stunning pics as well.

Can you post full size images of the first two pictures? Or email them to me? I would like to use them as wallpaper on my computer with dual monitors.

I must agree!! You should put those pics in a contest somewhere! They are truly stunning. :)

Loved the pics. I love the way the tannic river water blends with the spring water to make those colors. Its great to stare at while on deco

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom