Give me a little Homework

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No Jeff, get smarter...:D

catherine96821:
Do you all think I should take CS II? I only have Photoshop elements... CS ll = $$
Which Elements do you have? The last one - Elements 3 - can handle RAW files from Olympus at least (you'd have to check for Nikon) and is capable of an lot. I have both that and CS and am quite happy to use Elements if I want to do something quickly. The last price I saw for Elements 3 was US$99 so it's a lot cheaper than the full Photoshop.

Hmmmm....just checked their website and they actually have Elements4 out now - download version US$89 - free trial for a month!
http://store.adobe.com/store/products/master.jhtml?id=catPhotoshopElementsWin

thank-you! I was interested in sharpening, I have to see if my Elements will do that. i hear CS ll is like 700 K.

I'm certain that you can sharpen in Elements. Just be sure it can handle the format of the Nikon RAW files. I should imagine that the new one does though. Still check to be sure though.

Kim:
I'm certain that you can sharpen in Elements. Just be sure it can handle the format of the Nikon RAW files. I should imagine that the new one does though. Still check to be sure though.
Pictures can be sharpened way after the fact. Like I said. No need to solve problems that don't exist.

Its always fun to buy new stuff, but usually it isn't required.

JeffG:
Pictures can be sharpened way after the fact.
I don't use filters like that much - maybe to accentuate a highlight like an eye. Mainly I use clone stamp to remove backscatter and do a bit of levels work to bring out lost colours.

Kim:
I don't use filters like that much - maybe to accentuate a highlight like an eye. Mainly I use clone stamp to remove backscatter and do a bit of levels work to bring out lost colours.
and all that can be done later. The point I was trying to make is that Catherine doesn't need to purchase anything right now. There are lots of "nice to haves", but if you don't have good raw material, your still going to end up with $%#$. So as far as her course goes...new software should be after the class IMO.

Part of the course is actually learning how to use Photoshop but you're right Jeff, they will have a couple of computers there to use so she can buy it later. I'm taking my laptop with CS2 so she will be able to rent it as well...:D

Back
Top Bottom