Glow in the dark tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85:
Don't know of any but why not add a glow material to the nylon tank nets(used for tank protection).....Would be a lot cheaper??...Just guessing here......

Here is a glow in the dark tank net CLICK HERE

We're working with a company to develop a radical tank lighting system....still in R&D :D

SWEETT!! Don't they make glow in the dark paint?

I am sure you could attach a few LED's to your reg to make it light up. . . I even saw a guy with a light attached to his reg this past summer. . .was pretty neat. . .

jhbryaniv:
I am sure you could attach a few LED's to your reg to make it light up. . . I even saw a guy with a light attached to his reg this past summer. . .was pretty neat. . .
Actually I was just hoping for one that you could turn on and off with a switch. Maybe blacklight interchangeable for night diving with your favorite flourescent gear:D

ffestpirate:
I'm holding out for an illuminated regulator

Don't worry. Apeks will be out with one of those next year. An upgrade to the Status. I will be called the Status Locator.

Hey, just kidding.

Phil Ellis

Wear several of these for a little more "buddy visibility." We had a bunch at a Halloween night dive and people were wearing them looped around anything and everything, gear, arms, legs, you name it. It was a lot of fun! One quick note, the "eyeglasses connectors" don't work so well inside a mask. You can't see squat due to the reflection of the glow on the glass.

I really like the bunny ear connectors, you have to make sure the ends are under your mask strap to keep them in place though :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

Glow stuff likely wouldn't last long enough to be helpful.

I do know a diver with fluorescent orange tanks. Those suckers are BRIGHT! Very easy to spot him underwater. You wouldn't think it would be as effective as it was, but, yeah. It was.

Short of that, it's hard to beat a Glo-Toob set on pulse, attached to your tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom