going on vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Retsina is good stuff once you get a little of it down the hatch. Those first few slugs though are a little different.
And when it hits, if you've been putting off any elective surgery, that's the time to do it since you won't feel anything.
Greece I would skip on the land side of it but it has unreal cruising grounds, but Turkey I'd really like to see before it stops being a secular state.
Greece was supposed to be my first duty station in the Navy, but the US government in it's infinite wisdom GAVE my patrol gunboat to the Greek Navy without bothering to vet it by me.
Have fun.

justleesa:
hey, just thought of something. If you are going to Paris, are you going to Euro-Disney too?

No, not this time around. I had originally considered it, as a nice break for my daughter from all the museums and monuments. However, I just took her to Disneyland last summer, so I told her no dice on this trip.

I visited Euro-Disney two years ago on my last trip to Paris. It was interesting. While it has similarity to the Anaheim Disneyland in layout and size, there were definite differences in cleanliness and worker attitude.

You know how everybody is hyper-cheerful and everything is hyper-clean at the Anaheim and Orlando Disney parks - definitely not that way in Paris. It was rather funny to observe the differences, though. We were in line for a soda or something and our cashier got into a fight with another employee or boss and just walked off the job. Nobody (the employees) batted an eye and all of us in line were basically ignored for a bit. When they finally got someone to take over the line, that employee made her displeasure widely known. We were joking that apparently Paris Disneyland is NOT the happiest place on earth.

Then it has really gone down hill since I was last there. It was so Un-French...guess you can't always keep the standards up...

You might want to try the Smerf (sp?) park...that was fun and cute too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom