Going to Belize in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaz,
Thanks for the info on the discounts website. Will be sure to print all of those out and take advantage of as many as possible.
How about bezilian music ... does such music exist and do any of the local clubs play it? For example ... when you go to Mexico, there are little bands on the streets everywhere. Is there such music in San Pedro?

We found a couple of places that had live music yes. Particularly Fido's -- they had a great cheese-rock cover band one night. Even had mullets to boot!

Speaking of Fido's, there was this one guy that hung around outside that always tried to jump into our golf cart when we parked. He'd tell us that he'd watch it while we were out so the "tourist police" wouldn't come and give us a ticket. I gave him a little money the first time, as he was a pretty funny character, but after that he wouldn't leave us alone and I had to tell him to beat it.

There's a lot of local...color...in that way -- both on the street and in the bars. Not like you wouldn't find it wherever else you go. But in San Pedro, everyone's very cool about it -- not like the Bahamas or Jamaica. Most of the time they just come up to you and jabber on about something until you either move on, ask them to move on so you can enjoy your beer, or give them a buck.

Matt

Matt,
Now that's the kind of info that really gets down to the basics. What I can expect to be faced with when we go out to party. Like going to downtown Denver for the evening ... take a sack of oranges with you to pass out to the homeless who will most certainly ask you for money or food. Thanks for the info Matt.

there are a couple of local bands that play in San Pedro as Xoomboy said Fidos has a cover band called Category 7 which is a group of all the individual musicians that do the weekly circuit.

The arn't bad for a cover band but not locals made up of ex pats.

At Sharks Bar the Punta Boys play (not sure what Night) but they are a real Belizean band playing local rythms and Punta which is a heavy Girating local dance

NOTE

For all those coming on the Halloween Belize trip, in the fall START OILING up those Hips as I hope to have the Punta Boys play at our Halloween Beach party , but ya gotta be able to move those hips and wine that waist as we say here.

Most of the big bands normally play here on holidays and special events one of the most Famous here is Santinos Messengers who are pretty cool.

I am sure you will follow your ears and find who's playing its a small place and if somethings going on one night just follow the crowd or the noise.

Have a Ball and Dive Safe

Gaz

Be sure you take one day to go to the mainland. Check out the Belize Zoo. And if you want some adventure you can do the cave tubing. It was really cool. We went with "Sea"risous Adventures.

I was there two weeks ago. We had a blast. The people there are the best, very friendly and helpful. And check out the local beer, Belikin.

Tell Freddy at Cholo's bar that Nancy, Randy, Jeremy, Austin and Cathy said Hi. And tell Eddie, at Amigos Del Mar dive shop, the same. And that Cathy was very disappointed that he didn't kidnap her like he said he would. She had to come back to the States and go back to work. Bummer!

Back
Top Bottom