Going to Cozumel next week! NEED ADVICE! :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Royal Caribbean uses both the International pier south of town and Punta Langosta. The super jumbo sized Allure and Oasis of the seas have to use the southern pier (I was told due to the distance between the airport runway and Punta Langosta) but the smaller ships use either. Cozumel insider publishes a weekly schedule but I am not sure of the accuracy.

You need to start emailing ops soon. A lot will be booked. All the boats we saw today looked very full.

And no, you do not need a snorkel. As a certified diver that is your choice to make.

Both RC boats are at the International pier according to this link. You are in port long enough to get in a good dive day.

CruisePortInsider.com - Cozumel Cruise Ship Schedule - 2014

---------- Post added December 4th, 2014 at 03:53 PM ----------

It helps to give the actual boat name at times and the dock times depending upon the info you want. Carnival boats can dock at all three piers.

There are dive ops who stop at beach clubs between dives where you can sit with your feet in the sand and eat lunch. Aldora, Blue XTSea are two.

You will need to make reservations - you will be sorely disappointed if you just show up without a reservation - especially this time of year.

This is Mexico - food is REAL Mexican unless you go to an Italian, Chinese, American, etc. restaurant

Dive with Martin! They are great!
Hey guys!

Looking forward to our cruise to cozumel next week and going to be diving it on the 13th of December.

Can you guys tell me where the best place to go is that is decently close to port?

thanks a bunch! -Doug

With 4 divers you can probably charter a private panga.

I just finished a week diving with Dive with Martin - you won't be disappointed. May I suggest that, if you tend to suck air, order the AL 100 tanks. Extra charge, but well worth it. Say Hi to Miguel when you are there.

BTW, if you are looking for authentic Yucatan Food, spend the money on a cab and go to either Pescaderia San Carlos for great local seafood - the grilled filet with garlic sauce is wonderful - or to El Moro for a very wide variety of Yucatan dishes, including some pretty damn good Mole.

^Thanks for the info!

SO..... I emailed Paddi at Dive with Martin and she hooked us up!

We got a 2 tank private boat for $400! AND they are letting us arrive at 9am! We are extremely excited!

I will definitely look into AL 100s for at least me and the other guy going. The girls barely use ANY air at all lol.

Thanks to all of you for you help and suggestions! I'll come back with GoPro vids :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom