Going to Cozumel next week! NEED ADVICE! :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With 4 divers you can probably charter a private panga.
Also, we are all bringing regs/masks, but will need BCs/tanks/fins.
^Thanks for the info!

SO..... I emailed Paddi at Dive with Martin and she hooked us up!

We got a 2 tank private boat for $400! AND they are letting us arrive at 9am! We are extremely excited!
$100 each including gear, private boat, personal schedule, etc. :thumb: Tip around $50-60 if the trip is enjoyable. :wink:

I will definitely look into AL 100s for at least me and the other guy going. The girls barely use ANY air at all lol.

Thanks to all of you for you help and suggestions! I'll come back with GoPro vids :)
If you get back with your camera. Many are lost. Got your name & contact number on it or on the card? Insurance? Newbies losing cameras fuels a lot of sales.

Everyone got DAN dive insurance, I hope?

^Thanks for the info!

SO..... I emailed Paddi at Dive with Martin and she hooked us up!

We got a 2 tank private boat for $400! AND they are letting us arrive at 9am! We are extremely excited!

I will definitely look into AL 100s for at least me and the other guy going. The girls barely use ANY air at all lol.

Thanks to all of you for you help and suggestions! I'll come back with GoPro vids :)

You won't be disappointed! I guess you found out, they provide equipment for no extra charge!! Hope you have a great time!! Tell them Joe and Cheryl said Hi.. We were there about a month ago for over a week.. They will probably remember us..

BTW, if you buy t-shirts, check the size. I purchased an XL and once I got home I discovered it fit like a medium. I ended up giving it to the wife.. GRRRRRR....

$100 each including gear, private boat, personal schedule, etc. :thumb: Tip around $50-60 if the trip is enjoyable. :wink:

If you get back with your camera. Many are lost. Got your name & contact number on it or on the card? Insurance? Newbies losing cameras fuels a lot of sales.

Everyone got DAN dive insurance, I hope?

haha Thanks for the concern, but we are NOT newbies lol. I have my advanced and cavern certs and we are actually experienced spear fishers more than anything.

I wear a GoPro head mount with my .5mil hood/vest on over the top of it, that baby isn't going anywhere! :D

Yes we all have Dan insurance up to $200k I believe.

24 hours away :excited:

I'm ready for some 150' viz! This is what I'm used to in the gulf... The good stuff is at 1:00, crazy bait balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40qBkV3EnQo&list=UU0oU_lClHB9ijaRn1DiyKuA

Tampascuba...I am looking forward to seeing your videos from you trip to Coz. My wife and I are going in April with our dive shop. We have snorkled at Chankanaab Park but never dived it before so I am interested in seeing your vid's and hearing your review. Good luck and safe diving.

PS: Royal Caribbean is the best cruise line I have been on yet. I love their ships!!!

Well guys/gals....

Dive with Martin was AMAZING and we had Miguel for our guide. I have a BUNCH of video and pics to edit but I will get it up here when I'm done.

Thanks for all the help and we WILL be going back!

Glad it all worked out for you. Yeah, we had Miguel for a few days.. Nice guy... He taught me how to catch juvenile lion fish in a zip lock baggie..

You got lucky in getting Miguel. He's a great guy & is filled with lots of island history. I met him back when he worked for Pelagic Ventures.

Nice pic's. I am looking forward to your video's when you get them posted. Not part of your I am sure but one of the last pic's with the sparklers spelling out USA was really cool.

Nice pic's. I am looking forward to your video's when you get them posted. Not part of your I am sure but one of the last pic's with the sparklers spelling out USA was really cool.

HAHA thanks a my whole album is public on Flikr, but I experimented a lot with a DSLR when I had one.

I'm working on the vids, but it's SOOOO much editing and the holidays are busy times :wink:

It'll be my January project. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom