Going to Fiji...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi NetDoc

I went to Fiji in March for 3 weeks. I had some work in SUva, then I holidayed at Plantation Island Resort & then a final week at the Fijian Shangrila Resort on the Main Land.

I didn't bother taking gmy dive gear...as I was taking my 2yr old and all of his equipment. I rented everything i needed, i did take my mask and snorkel fins and my own mouth peice as I didn't know who had used it beofre me and how "clean" it would be...

The weather was 30 celcius + everyday and the water temp was never below 27 celcius some days warmer. Although it is still cooler at the moment our temps here in Cairns are fairly similar to Fiji water temps.

You do not tip over there.

Every place i went to I had internet access. Just not very fast at all. But very cheap.

We had a ball i did a tonne of diving (thanks to all the lovely kids clubs that my son had a ball in) and I had a well deserved holiday.

I hope youhave a woderful time it is a really magical place to visit.

ASB

One other thing about Kava, if you start your cup be sure to finish and always remember to give the claps when you done. We dove with Scuba Bula (www.scubabula.com) at SeaShell Cove and 3mil shorties were fine for Aug. But sure to make time for a round of mud flat golf. Suva is fun to walk around and if you have time take the trip to the loca villages inside the island. You will be treated to some great food, local over night housing and Kava of course. If you are luck you may even get the golden cowery tilted in your direction:)

I was in Fiji mid-November 2003. The water temps ranged from 74-77 in the south (with 2 dives at 71F), and 79F in Taveuni. I wore a 3mm jumpsuit over a 3mm sleveless vest, plus a beanie (I was diving 5 times a day.) People in just a 3mm jumpsuit were cold by the 4th dive of the day.

You should be just before the rainy season, but be prepared for some rain.

FYI, I dove on the Fiji Aggressor for a week, then dove two days off Matangi (near taveuni).

Lucky so and so, leaving the rest of us central Floridians behind and all, have a good trip, maybe one day :wink:

It used to be possible to get a passport in 48 hours or less if you had an airline ticket to demonstrate your need. This service was available at certain State Dept. locations including Rockefeller Center and the passport office in Miami. I think it cost an additional $75 dollars--many years ago. Don't know if this is still possible after 9/11.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom