Going to get OW certified in Australia, do I need an Aussie physical?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi EZHOOPS,

Cool. Now you can jump in and immediately start enjoying the GBR & where ever else you may scuba while in OZ.

Do be aware that if you have to respond in the affirmative to any of the items on the medical questionnaire OZ dive ops very likely will require you to complete, it could mean an AS4005.1 will have to be performed.

Have a super trip.

Regards,

DocVikingo

FYI - here is the diving doctor list for AU and NZ. I got my medical in Melbourne and it was 90AUD. One of the more thorough physicals I have had. I was impressed.

Here are the contact details for my guy:

Doctor Address The Travel Doctor - TMVC
Level 2
393 Little Bourke St AUSTRALIA
City/Town MELBOURNE Post Code 3000
State/Province VIC Phone 03 9602 5788

Here is the SPUMS website:

http://www.spums.org.au/diving_dr/list?search=1&pid=0&rp=1&cid=5&clear_search_cache=1&search_button_id=standard&s_60_17|exact__qqvalue=yes&s_60_51|exact__qqvalue=yes

I'm all set certified here in the great lakes. Thanks though.

excellent Ez! now when you hit our shores you just have to worry about hitting the water

hope you enjoy australia!

This will be my 2nd time down under and I love it totally. This time I can dive last time I had to snorkel. Love your land and your people.

looking forward to a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

well we like return customers... can treat you like family this time and dont have to be so polite :D

remember; its prawns not shrimp, bonza not cool, vegemite not peanut butter on your toast and when in melbourne its a VB, in Sydney its Tooheys and when in queensland its XXXX!

Oh, I remember the brew, but personally I'm a coke and Bundaberg fan. Yeah and how did Fosters get the idea that they were an Australian Beer, they got everyone (except me) over here fooled and the stuff tastes like crap.

Looking forward to going to the Wool Shed in Cairns again, every been there?

hehehe - as a "local" then its "Bundy and Coke"... only the tourist say Bundaberg :D

we only go to Cairns when using it as a departure point for Micronesia.,.... for the Aussies its cheaper for us to travel/dive overseas than Cairns. i was in Cairns in April for a day or so and that was long enough for this Sydney-sider

if you going to Qld, think about diving HMAS Brisbane this time, about an hour south of Brisbane

cheers,

Sure, I know that Bundy and coke I have that Aussie phrase Memorized. In fact when I was there last my roommate and I were called the Bundy brothers.

HMAS what does that stand for, I should be in Brisbane for a few days, I'll check into it. My friend lives about an hour south of the airport in Melbourne, any good diving to be down there?

sorry - the only good diving in melbourne i know is to dive into the airport to get out of there :D .... as you might know, theres a huge Syd V Melb rivarily :)

technically its the "ex" HMAS Brisbane as she's been de-commisioned

HMAS means either Her Majesty Army Service or Her Majestys Australian Ship.. not sure which exactly

http://www.scubaworld.com.au/hmasbrisbane.htm

she was purpose scuttled about a year ago, a good easy dive - depth means you might want to do your advance and/or nitrox while your there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom