Going to Sabang / PG from Manila airport at night...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be flying into Manila airport around 6:00pm and want to head straight down to Sabang / PG.
I have been to Sabang a couple of times already, the last time was about 4 years ago.
I usually stay at AsiaDivers but they are booked up now.

Any suggestions on where to stay and who I can get a private transfer from, after 6:00pm?
I have read some posts that the water can be tough going from Batangas to Sabang.

I am looking at staying at Lalaguna Villas.

Any suggestions? Let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
It may not be feasible/legal/advisable to cross Batangas channel at night. I think your best bet is to simply overnight in Manila when you arrive, and arrange for a driver to pick you up at about 4 am. If you are coming from North America, you won't feel sleepy then anyway. With a 4 am pick-up, you avoid the traffic nightmare that is Manila, and you will be in Batangas by 6 am and can catch the first ferry, or have a private boat ready to cross the channel at first light.

There are plenty of good places to stay in Sabang/PG depending on your budget. Once you have decided on a resort, they will be happy to arrange private transfer for you. How many people in your party? Private transfer is a nice luxury, especially when lugging a bunch of dive gear, but is a bit pricey if you are solo. The more people in your group, the

I will be in Manila by 5 or 6 pm, I am flying in from Cebu City. What if i get a ride by taxi down to Batangas? Then spend the night in Batangas and then catch the ferry in the morning? Is there anything to do in Batangas for a foreigner?

I stayed and dived with Mermaid. They took care of the private transfer from Manila. Arrival time to Manila was about the same time as you are expecting, 6 pm. I think I arrived at the resort around 9.40 pm.

Don't remember the crossing being particularly hazardous at night, a little choppy maybe, due to the wind, but I certainly never felt uneasy. It was quite a large boat for the conditions. I guess it would depend on the weather conditions for that day though. I travelled March 2015.

Clean rooms, very helpful staff at the resort. Diving operation was well run. If I returned to PG I would use Mermaids again.

Cheers

Dave

I really do not like crossing that stretch of water at night.
My suggestion:
1. Overnight in Manila and catch the Si-Kat transfer in the following morning. This is my preference.
2. As suggested by Rob.
3. Overnight in Manila and catch the public bus at Buendia Bus Terminal at around 04:30am for Batangas Pier. I believe the first ferry departs around 07:00(please confirm with Asia Divers).
4. Bus/private/taxi to Batangas and overnight there. Traveller's Inn near the Pier is very popular and advanced reservation is highly recommended.
(2), (3) and (4) is for those who really want to make the first dive as early as possible. No time to lose!!

In Small La Laguna you may also try "Out of the Blue" and "Portofino". And if you are NOT diving with Asia Divers then you should try Blue Ribbon Divers Resort.

Have a nice trip.

Reactions: FT
Rjjj111, Last time I made that trip( Nov 15) I was told by the boat operator that 5pm was the last crossing of the day. It appears that after dark crossings are not allowed any more. Not sure where to tell you to stay in Batangus. I would stay in Manila that night and have private transportation pick you at your hotel in the morning and make it to PG by 2 or 3pm.

My suggestion.

Good Dives, SeaFlea,

Yes you can get a private banka in the evening no problem, I've done it before.
I recommend staying at Blue Ribbon. They can arrange private transfer for you (taxi from airport & banka) they charged me $140.
If you stay in Manila overnight I recommend Red Planet Makati. Very clean, safe & good value.
If it was me - I would go straight away, I'm not a fan of Manila, much prefer to head to the beach!

Back
Top Bottom