Up-to-date recommendations for Puerto Galera in July 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took the public coach from Manilla to Batangas and then the ferry. It was a walk in the park and totally hassle free.
Exactly. I don't know why but it seems that because they are in the Philippines, a lot of people think that taking the bus is a big black hole to avoid. Buses are efficient and cheap. The only negative point is often the %^$@# AC at full blast :) :)

Hi, You mean the north connection between East and West has been finally completed? Really!
Or do you mean, driving down along the East coast to San Jose and up to Sablayan to catch a chartered banca-boat.
And back to PG, all in a day?!
I guess if you come down the west coast, then you would need to overnight and then travel back to PG.

From what I could find on internet, the road is far from completion. There is a video made about a month ago showing work is still in progress and it is only passable by motor bike but not by car. Trail bike would be more appropriate.

Was in PG 4 year ago and stayed at Out of The Blue Resort; really nice, quiet place within 10 min walk of town. They partner with Action Divers which was great; very inexpensive and right on the beach. We could be in the boat and ready to go within 5 min of leaving our room...fantastic! Action Divers will also arrange transportation directly to the resort from the airport with no hassle or waiting so the whole experience was super efficient and the diving exceeded our expectations. Great bang for the buck and could not have been easier...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom