Going to Venice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We leave out Friday night. I am getting restless. Weather might be a little sketchy though.

I started a new thread with pics of my trip.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
For those of you wanting to see some pics here is a few. Have a whale bone that's about twelve inches long as well.

Dive was good. Takes some getting used to having only two to four foot vis. Weather was sunny up until the second dive when the wind picked up and brought in some fog, but it didn't last long. Yea the mako would have been a nice one if it had the root, here it is cleaned up. The two Meg's are pretty beat up, but I still like them. One is about 2.5" and the other is around 4". image.jpg
What are these two here? image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Here is the big meg cleaned up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 54
Whale bone? This is what I was told on the boat. Found it two mins into the dive and had to carry it around the whole time. Needless to say it affected my buoyancy.
image_zps02079821.jpg

Same bone
image_zpsad169ac5.jpg

one more
image_zps46c4aca5.jpg

I was told this was a whale too.
image_zpsf5a5dbf2.jpg
image_zpsd550bb73.jpg

dugong bone stuck in a rock or just different colored bone?
image_zps46ae1e0c.jpg
image_zps619b28fa.jpg

I am guessing baby Megs. They appear to match up with some photos I have in some sharks teeth ID books
attachment.php

Guessing lower Mako
attachment.php

Upper Mako
attachment.php

Whale bone sounds right on the large piece

When diving the rivers with a fast current I stuff large stones in my BC to hold me in one place. I understand your concerns over bouyancy. Sometimes its nice to hover above the bottom and cover ground quickly. Most of the time I go totally negative, lay on the bottom and work a spot and then crab forward. If I want to move quickly I pump enough air in the BC so I can walk on my hands and fin a bit. Come the first of May the scuba fossiling with be in full swing here.

Glad you had a safe and fun trip. Beware, shark tooth hunting is extremely addictive.

Back
Top Bottom