Gonna wet 2 more tanks this year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only scuba diving would make me be willing to pay almost 3 grand on a dry suit just so I don't have to stop diving for the season. It's a serious addiction and I am not looking to stop. :) Last winter was brutal. All I wanted to do was dive. I took classes I could do in class or in a pool, like nitrox and peak buoyancy, just to at least keep learning. We went diving that first day in spring and they had to run to catch up to me. Glad you're enjoying it. :)

Just arrived back home. Apparently I am not as tough as I thought.

Previous low temp for me was 8C, and I was OK with that to do two tanks. Apparently that is about my limit for a two tank.

We jumped in the water yesterday, surface temp was 9C. By the time we hit 10 feet, it was down to 6C. At that temp, one dive was enough. :( Unfortunately, a dry suit is still not in the budget.

Vis was terrible. 3 feet from my son and he would literally disappear. We still had fun though, and I learned a few things. I was in my first ever silt out and handled it quite well while pulling the water pump from the bottom for the winter. Hooked my reg from my mouth while navigating through some sunken trees and handled it quite well. My best yet outing in terms of bouyancy management.

All in all, it never is a bad day if you get to get wet. I think I really am dry until spring now though.

Had a great feed as well. Picked up a huge hunk 'o meat for a buck and a quarter we split into two. First one came off of the barbie at around four, next up was the lobster tail, followed by the second roast, followed by rack of lamb. All accompanied by various and assorted other foodstuffs, expertly prepared by one of the guys who happens to be a chef. >$500 of food for 12 guys for one evening, but we were eating from 4 until past midnight. Throw in some good red wine, freely flowing beer...

A good time was had by all.

Edit: And my wife informed me when I got home that there is a turkey in the oven. Oh happy day!

just got out of the st. law .at alex bay
47* @ 135' for 55 min
absolutley balmy for this time of year !!!!!!
much better in a dry suit!...although i have......
you're freakin' making me starved with the"eat-a-thon"!
turkey too???
i'm outa here!!!
have fun
yaeg

OMG, perfect end to the weekend. Turkey, savoury dressing, cabbage, creamed turnip and carrot, green beans, salted beef....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom