Good Conditions This Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having done over 90% of all my dives here, I can't even begin to imagine what 10' visibility and water temps under 65f would be like....not sure I want to either! Just a sissy girl here....lol

thanks, leesa. by chance did anyone get over to hickam afb for island divers big sale? they had tons of stuff at good discounts and a raffel. it ends today at 6.

I look forward to the move to the islands. But until then I'll just dive bad vis and cold since it's better than not diving at all.

But when we visit we actually don't do much more than dive, eat and sleep.

sounds like my weekends, but add surfing to the list. i just got back from the north shore. lots of divers. lots of classes. we decided against shark's cove for the above reason and instead opted for the sunset beach firehouse. same topography and marine animals but less 2 legged animals. the viz was good, saw a white tip reef shark, and had some killer grinds at the shark's cove grill. unfortunantly my pics of the shark didn't turn out so good as he was sleeping in a cave and i was not about to snuggle up in it with him. hopefully next weekend will be flat up there.

We drove past sharks cove around 2:30. It was raining and the place was PACKED! Looking forward to getting there during the week.

bjgove:
thanks, leesa. by chance did anyone get over to hickam afb for island divers big sale? they had tons of stuff at good discounts and a raffel. it ends today at 6.
NOW you tell me!!!...jus' kiddin'
Could I have gotten on the base??

Al Mialkovsky:
I look forward to the move to the islands. But until then I'll just dive bad vis and cold since it's better than not diving at all.

But when we visit we actually don't do much more than dive, eat and sleep.
Yup, sounds like Island life....pretty mellow :wink:

Wait...looking forward? Will you be moving here soon?

Not soon, not for 2 years most likely. It could be sooner but most likely two years.

But the way prices are going up we are heading to a much smaller place and the longer we wait the smaller it will be.

But the ocean isn't shrinking so it's cool :D

bjgove:
by chance did anyone get over to hickam afb for island divers big sale? they had tons of stuff at good discounts and a raffel. it ends today at 6.

Do you get out much with Island Divers? They are the dive club that I primarily dive with - there's a few of us Hawaii Scubaboarders that get out with them on a regular basis. Maybe we've been on the same dive together and never known that we were all members. Would be great to meet up with other people from the board.

While I didn't get the recent club email (I have to call Matt and have him send it to me) - I hear there are dives scheduled this coming weekend. You planning on doing any?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom