Good Dive shop near Santa Ana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glycerin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As the title states I'm looking for a good dive shop near Santa Ana. I mainly need one to rent tanks and weights from for beach dives.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Glycerin:
As the title states I'm looking for a good dive shop near Santa Ana. I mainly need one to rent tanks and weights from for beach dives.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

My favorite is Scuba Toys in Cypress. Liburdi's on Bristol in Costa Mesa is fine. Underwater Habitat on First in Santa Ana is OK. There are two shops on Tustin avenue up in Tustin that are OK. Sea Stallion over in Lake Forest is nice. Beach Cities is good, over in Huntington Beach. Laguna Sea Sports is another good shop. Sport Chalet is, well Sport Chalet. Check the yellow pages.

Mark Vlahos

Temporarily in Costa Mesa

If you are beach diving in OC, it is hard to beat Laguna Sea Sports for convenience it terms of same day pick up and return.

Mark Vlahos:
My favorite is Scuba Toys in Cypress. Liburdi's on Bristol in Costa Mesa is fine. Underwater Habitat on First in Santa Ana is OK. There are two shops on Tustin avenue up in Tustin that are OK. Sea Stallion over in Lake Forest is nice. Beach Cities is good, over in Huntington Beach. Laguna Sea Sports is another good shop. Sport Chalet is, well Sport Chalet. Check the yellow pages.

Mark Vlahos

Temporarily in Costa Mesa

Thanks for the help :D

Let me know if you ever want to dive

You could try Pacific Wilderness in Tustin off the 55fwy, Chapman offramp, I believe. I go there during lunch to get fills and had my reg serviced by them. There website is www.pacificwilderness.com, for their address.

TeqP:
You could try Pacific Wilderness in Tustin off the 55fwy, Chapman offramp, I believe. I go there during lunch to get fills and had my reg serviced by them. There website is www.pacificwilderness.com, for their address.

DITTO! On Pacific Wilderness off Tusin Ave in Orange. Coming from Santa Ana, the shop is located on the left hand side just north of the 22 Fwy in a small shopping plaza. If you hit Chapman Ave, you have gone too far. Roger is the store manager. Very helpful and knowledgeable, as is Mike, Jeff, Rodrigo (sp?). They have great prices on their gear and even have a payment plan if you're interested in getting your own stuff in the future. Classes are great too, no matter what level of diver you may be.

If you're looking for buddies or dive related social gatherings, check out Pacific Wilderness' Dive Club that meets the second Wednesday of the month.

There is also a local group in Orange County that dives ALL THE TIME: http://www.southcoastdivers.com When I'm not DMing, I'm usually diving with this group and/or http://www.socdc.com

Like TeqP, I practically live at the shop...Just ask the guys. hey TeqP, how come I've never seen you there??? :wink:

Diver_Jan:
hey TeqP, how come I've never seen you there???
Jan - I only go there during my lunch hour since I work in Orange County. The guy with the beard (don't know his name) has always been helpful and friendly. I go in for a fill and end up buying something else like a finger spool or new hose.

scjoe:
If you are beach diving in OC, it is hard to beat Laguna Sea Sports for convenience it terms of same day pick up and return.

I've been in there twice and, both times, they were snotty to me and my wife. I've never seen this sort of attitude from any other dive shop around. Sad, really -- I would have wanted to use them since we live nearby.

WadeGuthrie:
I've been in there twice and, both times, they were snotty to me and my wife. I've never seen this sort of attitude from any other dive shop around. Sad, really -- I would have wanted to use them since we live nearby.

Liburdi's...VERY RUDE, I was there on my lunch hour to pick up a 'special order', I was standing in line to pay, then the old guy made the store clerk take 2 guys in front of me because they were booking a trip. I told them I needed to get back to work, and they said that these two guys who weren't in line, needed to be helped. With that, I walked out. The clerk told the that I needed to pay for the Special Order items that they couldn't be returned. I told him that is 'YOUR' problem (the store) that I refuse to be treated with disrespect. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER go back!

Laguna Sea Sports on the otherhand, not as chummy as some dive shops, but do have ok service.

Again, I perfer Pacific Wilderness and/or Reefseekers.

Just my .o2 Cents

TeqP:
Jan - I only go there during my lunch hour since I work in Orange County. The guy with the beard (don't know his name) has always been helpful and friendly. I go in for a fill and end up buying something else like a finger spool or new hose.

I also work in Orange and go in during lunch. Usually, it's the best time to go, not only that, I often head straight to the beach after I get off work for an afternoon or night dive in Laguna.

Back
Top Bottom