Good Dive shop near Santa Ana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pacific wilderness, very nice people and have always taken the time to give me the info I need. And they do match and beat prices incase you see it cheaper.

Given PADI's stated commitment to customer service, I'm amazed at how many of the shops I've been in treat their potential customers. I say potential since I've decided not to buy at several of them due to the attitude of their shop employees. And all three are listed in this thread.

Liburdi's has their own unique family issues which bring a really negative tension/vibe to the shop and is reflected by the pressure sales, poor service and attitudes there.

PacWilderness has unique management issues which bring a really negative first impression, adding tension/vibe to the shop and is reflected by the poor service and attitudes there.

Open Water Habitat has a unique bi-polar owner who brings a really negative tension/vibe to the shop, and is reflected in their higher prices and by the marginal service and attitudes. Boat trips via the Sand Dollar run $40 more than other optional boats trips for some reason. You might get an extra dive and some addtional snacks on the Dollar, but thats not a guarantee. They do offer Nitrox fills for $12 each. Typical SC boats run about $100 for the same service.

Scubatoys seems to be a fairly well organized and decently run LDS operation.

Laguna Sea Sports seems to be a fairly well organized and decently run LDS operation.

We''ll see how Beach cities Scubs treats me when I need a new wetsuit here in another month or two. I want an XCEL Cold water Semi-Dry suit for 20%off.

It's funny all the mention of specific scuba shops, and submention of Sport Chalet, they always get a bad rap, but they really do take their Scuba seriously and have invested more money in it than any So Cal company. Of course being a sports department store has it's disadvantages, but I tend to find less "weird" people there, very clean, and friendly environment .. even if some of them are less knowledgeable, rotating in-store assignments. But for air fills, repairs, and lower cost its a consideration. The sampling of staff is not representative of the entire organization, they have more employed dive professionals than any other So Cal dive org. Of course being so big they are an easy target :) One thing is for sure, it's less personal as a result. Which is definitely something to consider.

tiburon72157:
Liburdi's has their own unique family issues which bring a really negative tension/vibe to the shop and is reflected by the pressure sales, poor service and attitudes there.
QUOTE]

So I went to Liburdi's to rent a couple of tanks. I could defiantly feel the tension and I can see why people would have bad experiences there. Seems to be more of a last resort tank rental shop to me.

However I must say that the lady helping me was very helpful and professional and seemed to be the only one working there that enjoyed it.

tiburon72157:
Open Water Habitat has a unique bi-polar owner who brings a really negative tension/vibe to the shop, and is reflected in their higher prices and by the marginal service and attitudes. Boat trips via the Sand Dollar run $40 more than other optional boats trips for some reason. You might get an extra dive and some addtional snacks on the Dollar, but thats not a guarantee. They do offer Nitrox fills for $12 each. Typical SC boats run about $100 for the same service.
Bi Polar Owner
------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's a great description! I have always had a bad feeling leaving there. The owner always has something negative to say about my equipment I've had serviced there including tanks I've had filled and inspected. It's just a bummer.

endorfin:
tiburon72157:
Bi Polar Owner
------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's a great description! I have always had a bad feeling leaving there. The owner always has something negative to say about my equipment I've had serviced there including tanks I've had filled and inspected. It's just a bummer.

Same here. That dude is a trip. Called my new PST 100's "rust buckets" and then went straight into a rant about what a POS my zeagle ranger is. My divebuddy's and I have dubbed him KookyMan.

I've had even worse experiences at PacWilderness. Twice I've been made to feel like a total bother to the person helping me. I even tried both stores. Too bad cuz they have good merchandise and ample inventory.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom