Good Dive shops near Toronto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to do a search on the web to find them all.

Waterline Sports is on Avenue Rd, TO but I have found them to be expensive.
Innerspace Scuba is in Pickering. I haven't bought anything there but I know those who do go there and I haven't heard anything negative.
Scuba2000 (Leslie/hwy7) - I've been in there but never purchased anything. They seem to have plenty of business though.
There is at least one store in Brampton and a few in the Niagara region.

I go to Divesource in Whitby. They seem to have the best prices from what I've found and what I've heard. (www.divesource.com)

Diverlady

I've heard they good too - but work hours is very limited. I've been there twice - both times they were closed!
First time it was week day - they close at 5pm I believe, and second time I was passing by on 401 and decided to drop by - closed again (Saturday @ 5:30pm!)
Most other stores I know open at least till 8 during summer.

I think Scuba 2000 (Leslie + HWY 7) have best prices. Until recently they've even had free air fills (!). They're definitely very knowledgable and helpful. I only checked the prices for wetsuits recently, but I've found theirs were the lowest.

It's also a feel you get. Sometimes a shop just will feel (or not) right :)

Good luck

safe diving.

deep_ocean

Divesource is closed Sunday and Monday.
They are open later hours in the summer (now) until, I think, 9pm during the week. Saturday, 5pm I believe.

(Maximdim:

I just spoke with them about their hours last week and they said they were trying to adjust them to better meet customers' needs so your message has made it to those who make the decisions. I hear on that. I've often had to go Saturdays since I could never get there earlier than 6:30pm in the evenings.)

If you are travelling any distance to see them, I always suggest calling ahead (they have an 800 number) to confirm hours of operations or e-mail them.

Diverlady

Well there you go, boney.

deep_ocean says Scuba2000 has the best prices while I say Divesource does. Maybe you could get a bidding war going for your business!! :wink:

Good luck!! :)

Diverlady

I have been to a bunch of the shops in the Toronto area. A shop with a good selection of goods and good prices is called Aquaruis Scuba in the west end of the city. They do nitrox fills and just completed an expansion that doubles their size. They also have normal business hours are open Sundays and do nitrox fills.

For buying gear as of late I will still drive the 3 hours to Mallorytown though........

My vote is also with Aquarius, I used to work there but am not biased. Before you go, do some research so you know what you want, Internet etc, and go after 6pm so you can talk to the owners, Mark or John. Don't go on Thurs or Friday evenings as it's too busy to get much airtime. They are big dealer of Scubapro, Aqualung, Mares/Dacor regs and BCD's, and good deals on Ocean Run wetsuits, plus all accessories.

BigAlex once bubbled...
I have been to a bunch of the shops in the Toronto area. A shop with a good selection of goods and good prices is called Aquaruis Scuba in the west end of the city. They do nitrox fills and just completed an expansion that doubles their size. They also have normal business hours are open Sundays and do nitrox fills.

And they are the GTA's only accredited air station too :)

www.aquariusscuba.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom