Good Dive shops near Toronto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There really isn't a good shop in TO. You must drive to St.Catherines, Kingston or Mallorytown.
I don't think I'm in the minority of divers who think that either !

DIZZY once bubbled...
There really isn't a good shop in TO. You must drive to St.Catherines, Kingston or Mallorytown.
I don't think I'm in the minority of divers who think that either !

Trolling tonight are we. So what defines a "good" shop?

I live in downtown TO, but buy all my gear from two places - already discussed Dive Tech and Northern Tech Diver.

I also get some stuff at Dan's in St. Cathrines when time is an essence - i can make it there in under an hr

I also believe that the stores that are good for me will not be so good for other people, so someone asking for a LDS recommendation should always take it with a grain of salt

Back when i was diving single tank with a BC (not doubles with backplate/wing) i spent every weekend at Scuba2000 - talk all you want about Alec's self promotion on this board, but his customer service is outstanding and he does have a good selection on rec gear and you can try whatever you are buying in his pool to see how it fits - and return it with no questions asked.
They also have a DM or instructor leading the w/e dive at some local location - they were the once who introduced me to Great Lakes diving - and that's what the good LDS is supposed to be IMHO. Something much more than just then the place to buy you stuff

Time flies, however, and S2K does not have the toys i am after these days and both of Dive Teck and Northern Tech do. Northern Tech had a dive club as well, and i like diving with the like minded group of people - so those two are my "good shops" now.

Vlada

Since Tam Dive closed, I have been on the hunt for a new dive shop.

I have found both Dive Source in Whitby and Aquarius Scuba to be excellent, insofar as prices and service.

Ron

Axeman said:

"The 4 stores in the east are pretty good.

Mississauga Diving
Brampton Scuba
Aqua Systems
Oakville Divers"

East of what Axeman?

:D

deep_ocean

My selections are Scuba 2000 in Leslie/407 area, Dive Toronto Warden/Eglinton area. THey are both knowledgeable and the pricing is fair.
bhw

Three stores in Ontario I will go out of my way to visit - NTD in Kingston, Dive Tech in Mallorytown, and Dan's in St. Catharines.

Everything else better be close by or convenient, or I don't really care that much. I can only look at split fins and jacket BC's for so long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom