Good diving in december/january

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katja

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all you lovely divers :blinking:

I'm considering going diving in the end of december/start of january - any recommendations? The whether has to be good as well

The Mexican Caribbean is always amazing during December and January. Great Weather tons of sea life, and in the Playa Del Carmen area it is Bullshark season. Truly an amazing sight to see one them in the water (in person).

I've only dived in the Caribbean so I can only speak for this part of the world....January and December diving is best the further south you go, to get out of the cold fronts that try to make it south and when they do the winds pick up pick up and vis gets worse....the 3 most Sothern dive destinations worth mentioning are the ABC islands, Los Rocas, or somewhere in the Seaflower Biophere Reserve.

carribbean is always amazing. i usually go in december and have a great time

Hi all you lovely divers :blinking:

I'm considering going diving in the end of december/start of january - any recommendations? The whether has to be good as well

Do you have any specific requests or more information. That is pretty generic. Coming from Europe, I would tell you that Bonaire is the place you should check out. It is southern Caribbean and weather is mild in mid-winter and water is 78F or so. Since the island is Dutch, many Europeans are there so I would guess there is excellent air service to get there. Go to these websites:
Info Bonaire - The Bonaire Information Site - The Most Current and Up-To-Date Information
and
The Bonaire WebCams - Welcome!
and
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat
for more information.

Also, that is the most expensive time of year (Christmas break) anywhere in Caribbean and many resorts book up months in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom