Good Diving References

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even so, the buddy system with self reliant buddies is probably the best way to execute technical dives.

Good point.
McMurray had pictures of several body-recoveries. His description of Ormsby's entanglemetnt was easy to imagine and hard to forget. I have been scarred.

'The Darkness Beckons' by Martin Farr is a sobering read.

I like sobering. Amazon is out-of-stock, but I put it on the wish list for future reference, I found it in the UK. I'll be sure get to it after I finish "The Song of Fire and Ice" that I've been reading a little at a time for about 6 months now.

baenglish73 once bubbled...

I just ordered "Diving Physiology in Plain English"

Here's a question from this lazy girl: where did you place this order? Did they actually have it in stock?

I've been looking for this book for months, and there seems to be a conspiracy with amazon...everywhere I look says "click here to buy from amazon" and amazon says the book is currently unavailable, please check back.

Thanks!

The problem is that to be useful as a buddy you need to be able to take care of yourself and have reserve skill and equipment to take care of a buddy in trouble. Your buddy also needs the same to be of any value to you in an emergency.

The better buddy you are the less likely you are to ever need a buddy for an emergency.

The more that you need a buddy, the less likely any buddy you get will be able to help you in a real problem situation.

Yea, a buddy is a good thing but you need to be diving as a *team*, not just as a couple of people diving together. If you are in same ocean buddy mode then you are increasing the risk for both and anyone else who might get involved in a rescue.

It is better to be a solo diver than a bad buddy.

BTW I like Bruce Wienke's books but they can get a bit heavy at times. :D

scubagirl15 once bubbled...

Here's a question from this lazy girl: where did you place this order? Did they actually have it in stock?

<snip>

Thanks!

I thought I had ordered, but it was not in stock. I was too lazy to correct the post.

I then got sidetracked, I put in my Amazon wish list to remind me later to look for it.

The search continues.

BTW I like Bruce Wienke's books but they can get a bit heavy at times

How heavy? I've used Fick's law before but the wave equation will be beyond my on-demand math skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom