Good Instructor near Westwood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glycerin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A couple friends of mine are looking into getting certified and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good instructor near Westwood.

Thanks

Josh

Susan Grant teaches her pool sessions at the Marina del Rey Sport Chalet and beach dives from Redondo to Malibu. One of the very best instructors around! Tell her Phil recommended you.
coralcuts@adelphia.net

another good one is Mike Segda at SCUBAhaus on
2501 Wilshire
Santa Monica, CA 90403
(310) 828-2916

I've heard fantastic things about Susan Grant as well as her colleague Maciek.

I look forward to finally meeting her as well as Maciek someday soon.

Christian

I would definitely check out Reefseekers in West Beverly Hills http://www.Reefseekers.com 310-652-4991 ask for Jerry Del Rosario, Hal Greenburg, or Hopper Stone. They are all great instructors.

I got recertifed myself 4 years ago after a 20+ years absense from the sport. Although I live in Orange County, through this board and Diver.net, I got steered to them. I honestly have to say they are one of the most honest and ***SAFE*** dive operations around. They also have an equipment satisfaction guarantee that I don't think other dive shops offer.

My suggestion too, is make sure you price everything out before you sign up for classes. Sport Chalet has alot of hidden costs, unlike most of your local dive operation.

Just wanted to drop by and thank everyone for their suggestions. Glycerin was asking on my (and my wife's) behalf, and we found the recommendations very helpful.

In the end we wound up going with Reef Seekers since they were 15 mins from where we live. Jerry del Roasrio was our instructor for the past month, and we can't praise him enough. Very honest, very safe, fun, but still professional.

We spent the 4th of July weekend (Sat, Sun and Mon) in Catalina finishing up our OW checkout, and had a blast. Great company, great location and fantastic dives.

Thanks, Diver_Jan, for the recommendation. Reef Seekers is where we'll be doing our scuba business for years to come; all of the guys there are very nice, knowledgeable, and like you mentioned, they have a great equipment guarantee policy. Free air fills are nice, too. :wink:

- Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom