Good Luck with Mini-Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

have no clue where exactly they are giving weather report her from, but seems like lots of folks out on rough seas that were not prepared.

source: Lobster season claims diver’s life in the Keys - Outdoors - MiamiHerald.com

In addition to the death in the Keys, there has been other trouble on and below South Florida waters.

According to Miami Dade County Fire Rescue at around 10 a.m., a boat was taking on water near Government Cut, and two divers were missing for a short time. Fire rescue and a Coast Guard helicopter recovered the divers after 10 minutes.

At 10:27, another boat capsized 300 yards off the beach near the ocean side of Bear Cut, and two divers were transported to Fisher Island, according to Miami Dade fire rescue Lt. Ignatius Carroll.

i left the dock @ 0745 and winds were 18-20kts @ mlrf1. it was sloppy out there with 3+ft seas(i was 3.4 miles offshore as pennekamp park is closed during mini season), overcast skies and 10-15 ft viz on the patch reefs(depth, 10-15FT) about 1.5 miles northwest of the statue. i went out alone and it took 3 drops(snorkeling) and about 1 hour to catch 6 bugs. the marine forecast was predicting 15kts and gusty for today as early as monday, plenty of advanced warning. this afternoon thru saturday, SE 15-20kts(small craft exercise caution advisory issued). debating on getting my butt kicked tomorrow for 6 lobsters,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

We did a shore dive in Broward this morning. It was ugly rough out there!!!! Got separated form my partner twice, missed our spot and had to search for it (which I never do), broke a fin, just ugly!!! When we finally found the spot, it had a bunch on it, but my dive partner was almost out of air. So we only bagged two before he had to surface!!

Yup, it was rough as heck out there today, but we got 29 between the 4 of us on the boat. Not bad at all.

Yup, it was rough as heck out there today, but we got 29 between the 4 of us on the boat. Not bad at all.
I could be wrong with my memory but are you not only allowed 6 per diver? any more than 24 for 4 licensed divers on boat is really poor form and illegal.

I could be wrong with my memory but are you not only allowed 6 per diver? any more than 24 for 4 licensed divers on boat is really poor form and illegal.

6 in Monroe county and 12 in other areas

Different limits during mini-season

Not could be, you are :shakehead:

Which County is it that allows more than six per day?
I know you can have up to 12 on the second day but I can't seem to find a reg that allows more than six per day per license on the first day.

FB-Florida Scuba Diver

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom