Good Luck with Mini-Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which County is it that allows more than six per day?
I know you can have up to 12 on the second day but I can't seem to find a reg that allows more than six per day per license on the first day.

FB-Florida Scuba Diver

Spiny Lobster - Panulirus argus

Spiny Lobster Sport Season
Season dates: July 27-28, 2011 (Last consecutive Wednesday and Thursday of July each year).
Bag limits: 6 per person per day for Monroe County and Biscayne National Park, and 12 per person per day for the rest of Florida.
Possession limit - on the water: equal to the daily bag limit
Possession limit - off the water: equal to the daily bag limit on the first day, and double the daily bag limit on the second day.
Possession limits are enforced on and off the water.

We have calm seas 2-3ft, but low vis I am told. Could be higher than normal...

Hi Scott.

LOL. It seems it was calmer here than the Keys.

I'll finish reading this thread, but I just walked in the door 2 hrs ago. I was on Big Pine. We went out for dolphin Tuesday and of course Wednesday and yesterday we went for bugs. Depending on the time of day, it was 4 to 6 outside on the Atlantic, or 2 to 4. Inside on the Gulf, we pretty much averaged 2 to 3. Tuesday and Wednesday we dealt with nasty squalls. Yesterday, we avoided them, but we had them on the radar and in sight.

Biggest threat though, were the idiots on the water. I have not done mini in years, and years plus for the Keys, but I'll do it again if for no reason than I had a lot of fun. Although for the money my buddies and I spent in the bars earlier in the week, we could have purchased our limits. :D

Cool!

I'll have to keep the higher limits in Dade County in mind for next year.

FB-Florida Scuba Diver

The biggest lobsters I've seen during a mini-season were off Jacksonville/St. Augustine inlet at an area called 20bottom...it's 120+ft deep ledge.

The biggest lobsters I've seen during a mini-season were off Jacksonville/St. Augustine inlet at an area called 20bottom...it's 120+ft deep ledge.

shhhhhh don't tell :wink:

Yup, further north, the bigger they are. Seen lots of big ones come off the Treasure Coast, but that is as far North as I ever went. I suspect further North, bigger they are. We picked up 3 that were 3+ pounds in the lower Keys, but that was the exception rather than the rule. Most of the others we had to gauge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom