Good Scuba-Themed Movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bimini Code... I'm sure not too many have heard of that one, and for good reason. I've never seen so many divers go from bathing suit to wet suits to single hose to double hose, all on a single dive.

There's also the communication systems that is quite interesting. No earphones or microphones past the first dive in the movie. And how they can pronounce their words so clearly with a mouthpiece between their teeth is also quite a feat.

Other movies (good or bad) that I've remember seeing: Shark Attack 1 & 2, Comeback, Rana, Black Water Gold, The Evil Below, Come Spy with Me, In Dreams (Opening Sequence), Lake Placid, Deep Blue Sea and Octopus 2.

One of my favorite scuba scenes: The Graduate! The camera is the kid (Dustin Hoffman) dressed up in all that cool 70s gear and you are seeing and hearing it from his POV (point of view). Very funny!
As I recall, he's wearing Scubapro Jet Fins.

Will get my vote......

Jacquline Bissett in a wet T-shirt:wacko: is favorite scene of mine.

Wildbill:cop:

Rick Inman once bubbled...
One of my favorite scuba scenes: The Graduate! The camera is the kid (Dustin Hoffman) dressed up in all that cool 70s gear and you are seeing and hearing it from his POV (point of view). Very funny!
As I recall, he's wearing Scubapro Jet Fins.

So should that be Rubber! instead of Plastic! ? :wink:

Great movie!

Paula

I was in the Bose store the other day and caught a snippet of The Transporter and it has some underwater scenes in it. Now if I can just figure out how two divers pull off an underwater get-a-way using one scuba unit diving down without either one of them having weight belts....well, at least they had masks on instead of pretending to be able to see underwater without one! :D

I join in on the recommendation of Lake Placid (where ever did they find a red mask!?). It has underwater scenes, hilarious dialog, and the opening scene!

aujax once bubbled...
Anybody know any good movies that have a lot of scuba shots in them? I loved the Abyss - really only for the cinematography, not so much the story or acting. Since I'm stuck in my apartment for a while, I think I'll pour some water on my head and watch some movies... :wink:

How about "Men of Honour" - great performances from De Niro and Cuba Gooding Jr.

A bit of "brass helmet" diving and it's a true story...

Washy - Great choice! Men of Honor is a phenomenal movie.

Another that's not exactly SCUBA related is the short films on The Hunley. I can't recall the exact name but did find the video at Blockbuster.

Paula

Rented it last night. Not a scuba movie, but the opening sequence of The Italian Job has some rebreather shots. I really like how they are swimimg thousands of pounds of gold bars without even a single lift bag.
Oh, hollywood...

Back
Top Bottom