Good Scuba-Themed Movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwlee once bubbled...
I second the Big Blue.

I've heard great things about this movie... I'm going to have to pick that up on the way home tonight :)

Washy once bubbled...

How about "Men of Honour" - great performances from De Niro and Cuba Gooding Jr.

A bit of "brass helmet" diving and it's a true story...

Oh yeah! Cuba is just awesome in that movie...

I also liked him in Snow Dogs but thats not dive related!!! :D

paulwlee once bubbled...
I second the Big Blue.

I've seen it about a million times, but it doesn't wear out. Although I admit I found the underwater parts waaaaay more interesting than the 'love scenes'........

It was shot in Fox-Baja tank: http://www.foxbaja.com/

Same one where Titanic, Pearl Harbor, Deep Blue Sea, and a bunch of other water related films were shot.

I'm not sure but I believe opening scene (town flooding and divers exploring UW town) was real and not model or CG.

Soggy once bubbled...

Any idea where that is shot?

Well, if you like home movies, I've got a 50 minute tape from my recent trip to Grand Cayman...Stingrays of course, an Eagle Ray, lots of Turtles, Barracuda, Tarpon, I WANT TO GO BACK...Sorry about that.
Anyway, if you'd like a copy send me an address and I'll mail you a copy (DVD-R or VHS cassette).

Tomb raider 2- the new one has some interesting scuba stunts. I was gasping for air just watching.
However, Angela Joli (sp?) in a silver wetsuit--As a woman I must cry foul! We chics love our wetsuits as they do marvelous things for our shapes but when a perfect gal like Ms Joli wears one she really raises the bar.

Into the blue.. Jessica Alba in a skimpy bikini.. duh..
and into the blue 2,
Not that the 1st one was any award winner, the 2nd one was bad bad bad...

Tomb raider 2- the new one has some interesting scuba stunts. I was gasping for air just watching.
However, Angela Joli (sp?) in a silver wetsuit--As a woman I must cry foul! We chics love our wetsuits as they do marvelous things for our shapes but when a perfect gal like Ms Joli wears one she really raises the bar.

Sorry, but Ms Jolie's wet-suit stand-in in that film was a man...

For underwater movie scrounging, try 1973's "The Neptune Factor" (starring Ben Gazzara, Canadian-born Walter Pidgeon, Ernest Borgnine and Yvette Mimieux).

My votes for The Abyss, Fools Gold (only for the diving...), Thunderball, The Big Blue (yes, the focus is free diving, but really like the movie - and there are actually scuba divers in it... they just don't do much), and others already mentioned.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom