Goodbye Cozumel; Lets Try It Again Next Year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Goddard:
Or you can do what I'm doing....Flying into Cancun, paying $150 to DITA RT, paying for a ferry and catching a cab from there. Sounds like a pain but even with the expenses involved with getting from Cancun to my hotel I'm still saving over $400.

Maybe when I retire I'll start a limo/luxury yacht service direct from Cancun airport to your Coz hotel....then again, maybe not :).

James

James, who did you make your DITA res with? It should be $125 at most (if you have the 10 passenger van) http://getdita.com/city_rates.php?dest=4&&PHPSESSID=598deeb1ead48b55b61cf46058745e90 I've been using DITA for 5 yrs for our trips to Akumal. I refuse to drive down 307. With the increase in construction starting just north of PDC it's only getting worse.

I'm flying into Cancun as well, but since I'm coming alone this trip I'm going to try the Riviera Bus. DITA is great when there are 2-4 of us.

DandyDon:
:hmmm: Continental would fly you RT to Cozumel for $459 including taxes on one look on Sidestep. Do you really have a difficult time finding good Coz fares?

Actually for the dates I'm headed down Sidestep quotes $571 as the lowest fare. That's over $800 more than I'm paying to fly to Cancun.

James Goddard:
Actually for the dates I'm headed down Sidestep quotes $571 as the lowest fare. That's over $800 more than I'm paying to fly to Cancun.

Please tell me how to get flight to cancun for $ -229.00 :wink: :D

Hey Don...what's the possibility of getting you to resize your picture?

It's a great picture, but picture posting ettiquette size is 600x400 or thereabouts and doesn't mess up the formatting. It also is more friendly to those with slower connections.

All posts on the page after your picture post run off the page because the text fields have been adjusted for your picture.

Thanks.

scubawife:
James, who did you make your DITA res with? It should be $125 at most

My understanding, and I'm no expert, first time using anything but the RM bus or a rental car, is that DITA has merged with another company:

http://www.cancunshuttle.com/

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
CancunShuttle.com and Corporacion DITA joined forces to provide the best quality transportation services and more options to passengers arriving at Cancun International Airport.

PDC is $145 for a Suburban RT:

http://www.cancunshuttle.com/TPlayaC.htm

The site you posted doesn't appear to have changed since 2004 so it may be out of date, if not, oh well, it's only $30 difference. We'll have 2 sets of diving gear and an 18 month old (with all the baggage that invovles) so I'd pay twice that for the convience and still save money over flying to Coz :wink:.
[/FONT]

NadMat:
Please tell me how to get flight to cancun for $ -229.00 :wink: :D

You can't but if you can save 270 for three passengers....

Christi:
All posts on the page after your picture post run off the page because the text fields have been adjusted for your picture.

Yea but after 34, err 33, more posts we'll be on to a different page :wink:. (I have it set to 40 posts per page, some of you may get to a new page sooner).

Christi:
Hey Don...what's the possibility of getting you to resize your picture?

It's a great picture, but picture posting ettiquette size is 600x400 or thereabouts and doesn't mess up the formatting. It also is more friendly to those with slower connections.

Thanks.
Yeah, that was irritating, but I caught it before the Edit button dissappeared. :14:

<edit> Went back and got it down to 500 wide. Even better.

James Goddard:
My understanding, and I'm no expert, first time using anything but the RM bus or a rental car, is that DITA has merged with another company:

http://www.cancunshuttle.com/

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

PDC is $145 for a Suburban RT:

http://www.cancunshuttle.com/TPlayaC.htm

The site you posted doesn't appear to have changed since 2004 so it may be out of date, if not, oh well, it's only $30 difference. We'll have 2 sets of diving gear and an 18 month old (with all the baggage that invovles) so I'd pay twice that for the convience and still save money over flying to Coz :wink:.
[/FONT]

Book through GETDITA.com, or email Enrique Diaz(dita@getdita.com) For a van (3pax) that will have plenty of room for you and your gear you will pay $115 round trip. They haven't merged with Cancun Shuttle. That's a different company.

The 3-7 pax van has enough room for us to get 2 sets dive gear luggage, camera and video pelican cases and groceries for a week. And we have two bench seats for ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom