Goofy question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichiganScott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does anyone know where I can get a "snorkel" log?

I don't want a dive log that you just put snorkle stuff in but there has to be an honest to goodness log just for snorkeling somewhere.

My stepson has decided he wasn't cut out to scuba dive so he just wants to snorkel. At least this will give him and my wife something to do while my daughter and I are diving.

But I'd like to find a log for them. My LDS has one which is part of a snorkeling course, but I can't see paying for him to take a snorkeling class when he just went thru scuba class up to his OW which included snorkeling in the begining.

Why not make your own?

I was going to, and still might if no other choice but, there was some let down involved, and ... I want him to have stuff to focus on as well, you know his own equipment etc.. I don't want him to feel a left out kinda thing.

I managed to Google the following product up:
ssi%20snorkeling%20log.jpg
Aquatic Specialties

There's also snorkel log software to download here:
snorke1.gif
Snorkeling Software

Scott,

If your stepson gets into snorkeling enough to become a freediver... and/or likes computers a lot, he may want to get a freedive computer that downloads into a log like many scuba computers. I have the Suunto D3 and it's interface, although they now have newer ones. Suunto, Oceanic, Cressi-sub & Mares all make models that download.

Chad

I would think a plain old spiral notebook would be far better than any stock "log book." It would give him unlimited space to write experiences, impressions, etc. A computer would only give him a record of his dives, where a journal would give him a record of his thoughts.

Actually, I'm glad I saw this thread, because writing my reply made me realize that for my own dive log (having just filled the one they gave me with my Open Water course) I'd much rather use a journal book.

Back
Top Bottom