Got My New Reg!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys, I'm sorry for not responding faster! I simply haven't been on since friday. I don't mind telling you that I paid $1549 for it. Plus I got the Titanium SS1 to partner with it. It was $370. Yes, that's alot! I had to save up for it for over a year. I've been using rental Z2's all along, plus I tried out some other regs along the way to see how I liked them. I wanted the T2 for it's long lasting qualities, toughness, comfort, & light weight. I'm working towards being a dive proffessional and I want gear that will last me and that will perform tip-top whether I'm diving on a reef or the local, murky cold-a** lake. When I started shopping for gear, of course, I looked online and at used gear for the lower prices. I learned that the online & used stuff didn't carry the warranty as does purchasing from a certified dealer. Yes, I can work on my own stuff now, but having the warranty is still an important part of my purchase to me. Everyone has different parameters they use when they make a purchase. IMHO, it simply is what works for the individual.
Captian Larry-Thanks! And you made some great real life applications talking about the day-in, day-out life of a reg!
FishOutUvH20-I got the T2-not the T2x-simply because it was the one they had on the shelf. You're right, Atomic is "labeling" the T2x for non-dedicated Nitrox use. They are one in the same-except for the purge button cover.
idocsteve-As I said, I don't mind telling you what I paid for my gear one bit, especially if it can somehow help someone else as they shop! I paid a lot for my gear-but I'll tell you this too-I don't have a computer at home because I'd rather spend the money on dive gear! That's just my perogitive(spelling?) I get the impression from your post that you thought I said the Old Lady thing, but that wasn't me.

Guys, I'm sorry for not responding faster! I simply haven't been on since friday. I don't mind telling you that I paid $1549 for it. Plus I got the Titanium SS1 to partner with it. It was $370. Yes, that's alot! I had to save up for it for over a year. I've been using rental Z2's all along, plus I tried out some other regs along the way to see how I liked them. I wanted the T2 for it's long lasting qualities, toughness, comfort, & light weight. I'm working towards being a dive proffessional and I want gear that will last me and that will perform tip-top whether I'm diving on a reef or the local, murky cold-a** lake. When I started shopping for gear, of course, I looked online and at used gear for the lower prices. I learned that the online & used stuff didn't carry the warranty as does purchasing from a certified dealer. Yes, I can work on my own stuff now, but having the warranty is still an important part of my purchase to me. Everyone has different parameters they use when they make a purchase. IMHO, it simply is what works for the individual.
Captian Larry-Thanks! And you made some great real life applications talking about the day-in, day-out life of a reg!
FishOutUvH20-I got the T2-not the T2x-simply because it was the one they had on the shelf. You're right, Atomic is "labeling" the T2x for non-dedicated Nitrox use. They are one in the same-except for the purge button cover.
idocsteve-As I said, I don't mind telling you what I paid for my gear one bit, especially if it can somehow help someone else as they shop! I paid a lot for my gear-but I'll tell you this too-I don't have a computer at home because I'd rather spend the money on dive gear! That's just my perogitive(spelling?) I get the impression from your post that you thought I said the Old Lady thing, but that wasn't me.
Truth be told, I also have a Scubapro Mk25 titanium that's used interchangeably between air and EAN (32 and 36 only) and it hasn't burned-up yet. After researching a lot on the subject, I doubt at those levels it will.:nervous:

Also, Atomic started allowing retailers to do online sales with full warranty some time ago.

Congratulations Ben, I'm sure you will be happy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom