Got my new SP XXL Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
I will tell you this much, they are definitely much easier to put on and take off than my XL Jets. The only problem I think is that they are more like XXX than XX. I like the blade length (3/4" longer than my XL jet fins) and the stiffness, can do all the kicks, but the pockets instead of cramping and clamping down on my foot and killing me 5 minutes into a dive, its now just a tad bit loose, other than that. I've switched over due to no pain when diving now.

I could go with a XL Seasoft SCUBA booty, but this changing of sizes in fins and boots is getting to be ridiculous. First the fins pockets are too small, then now their too big, and now the boots are too small. Geeez, maybe someone should just make some clown shoes into fins and be done with it. :bonk:

Got mine two weeks ago but have not dived them yet. Looking forward to using them as I have been diving Volos. The XL foot pocket was not big enough but I agree, they seem larger than XXL's

What shoe size do you guys wear? Are you wearing these with a dry suit with attached boots? I tried on a friends SP Jet XL fins with spring straps and I couldn't get all of my foot into the pocket (size 12 dry suit boot). The SP website lists XL as the largest size. Leisure Pro lists a XXL size, did you buy them there? Thanks for the info.
Glenn

I wish SP would learn a thing or two about foot pocket design from Mares... sans the "Patented Mares Quick Release buckles". I have to admit, that Mares fins have the most comfortable foot pocket of any brand of fins I've ever tried. Maybe it's their rubber?

wear size 12 street shoe. Bought a Henderson 5m bootie with a sneaker type of sole. Way too big for my Volos. Over 1/3 of my foot stuck out of the foot pocket. XXL Jets work fine. A bit big for this application but for rock boots would be perfect for me. Will finally get some pool work in the end of the month to try them.

jplacson:
I wish SP would learn a thing or two about foot pocket design from Mares... I have to admit, that Mares fins have the most comfortable foot pocket of any brand of fins I've ever tried. Maybe it's their rubber?

I agree with you there. I have wide feet and the Mares foot pocket is the only one to date that will comfortablly accomodate my foot in a dry suit boot and yet not be too loose if I decide to wear a wet suit boot instead.

The SP pocket on my XL Jet Fins is a little narrow and boxy and the rubber is a bit stiff, even the "softer" rubber compound used in the arch area of the foot pocket.

I picked up a pair of the XXL's after Christmas to try out. I agree that they really need to work on the boot pocke shape, as they do not fit DS boots very well at all. The pocket is VERY large. I ended up returning them and getting something else, but I did consider keeping them, and parking my cars in the pockets to keep them out of the weather.

Hi,

I dive a DUI CF200 with Rockboots on. The older SP XL have been to small for use with Rockboots. Now I´ve been lokking forward to the SP XXL. Can anyone tell me hows that with Rockboots (size 10/11)?

Those fins are the best!!! I just picked up a pair last Friday. I wear a size 15 shoe and have XXXL boots on my Bare drysuit. I was using XL Mares Quatro's and my feet used to hurt after every single dive...I hated it.

But these things...woo. Talk about roomy! They are actually a little bit too big honestly, but I would rather have a little bit too much room than way too little.

Omicron:
Those fins are the best!!! I just picked up a pair last Friday. I wear a size 15 shoe and have XXXL boots on my Bare drysuit. I was using XL Mares Quatro's and my feet used to hurt after every single dive...I hated it.

But these things...woo. Talk about roomy! They are actually a little bit too big honestly, but I would rather have a little bit too much room than way too little.

I have Bare XXL boots (attached vulcanized) and was thinking of buying XXL Jetfins, but from what you're saying they sound too big for this. But I believe XL Jetfin is too small (?) - the Bare boots design is quite big.

Anyone know if Turtles or other clones are a better fit for Bare XXL boots?

Regards,

:) Arne

Back
Top Bottom