Got the camera - Can't find the housing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GottaDive!

Reaction score
After reading dozens of good reviews here on the board I finally purchased an Olympus 5050 camera. Now today, after making almost 20 calls from New York to California I can't find the PT-015 housing in stock ANYWHERE! Every single place I called has them on back order. HELP!

Check eBay.

Have you checked the classifieds here on the board? Digitaldiver.net also has a classified section, you might try there, too.

Yuzo at UWDigital is showing some in stock. I've ordered several things from him. 4 days delivery from Japan is better than the mail service around Houston!

GottaDive!:
After reading dozens of good reviews here on the board I finally purchased an Olympus 5050 camera. Now today, after making almost 20 calls from New York to California I can't find the PT-015 housing in stock ANYWHERE! Every single place I called has them on back order. HELP!

I know Light in Motion has a housing for the 5050

Curt Bowen:
I know Light in Motion has a housing for the 5050

they do, but the tetra is a different animal altogether, in quality and price (6x the cost of the Oly?)

No comment on the quality differences between the two.

Ikelite also makes one, priced in the middle at $600 I believe

I have two large camera stores in the area and neither of them has one in stock. In fact, they are telling that as of May 22 the item has been dropped by Olympus. Any truth to that?

When I talked to the Olympus sales rep in April he said I didn't have to worry...but a lot can happen in a few days. I'll see what I can find out.

Check the small shops too....

I just checked Best Buy's website to make sure and they said that they ship within 1-2 days. The price was $199.99. I just did a search for 'olympic housing' and it was listed there. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom