Grand Cayman night life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
So, appart from diving is there anything else to do in the Grand Cayman? Me and some guy friends will be staying at the Marriott down there. We will probably want to check out some of the town at night. Are there any good resturants, bars, clubs near the Marriott resort?

Thanks for any comments,

Jon

Bars - Coconut Joe's, Aqua Beach, Sapphire, Fidel Murphy's, Triple Crown, Royal Palms.

Clubs - O Bar, Next Level.

All close to the Marriott.

Also Lone Star Bar & Grill, Legendz, Sharkey's & Planet Nightclub.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

Glad that's one thing we don't have to worry about. Doing the Caymans via liveaboard !!

How do you define near? A 10 minute walk or a 2 minute crawl?

Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.-- Steven Wright

Not at night, but check out My Bar at Sunset House for lunch. And dive there once. And there's a Hard Rock in Georgetown.

There are two Marriott's down there. The courtyard is across from public beach and sort of out of the way of the bars, either a car or taxi would be needed. The other Marriott is on the beach and is closer to Georgetown, there are a couple of smaller bars nearby. But to go to Georgetown you would still need a vehicle.

The other option is the drunking club on Wednesday nights, they go between 6 bars via bus. They start at 5pm and end around 5am. What a way to get wasted! I say them at buffet's place and they were well on their way at 9pm.

Ross

I think we ended up hanging out almost every night at Lonestar (near the hilton). Very laid back place with a lot of 'locals' hanging out there. (Well, they were all kanucks and aussies that happened to be working there) While you're there, grab a slice Gino's across the parking lot..... really good pizza, especially at 12:30am! The bartenders are partial to giving you free Jaeger shots!!!! yuck! I can handle hard liquor... but yeager makes my stomach turn

Rackem's was a cool location right on the water just at the edge of downtown next to hammerheads. The owner loves her jack daniels... so get ready to do lots of jack! That i can handle much better!

Fidel Murphy's was a nice irish bar, with good bar food (spicy conch fritters!), even had a dart board. Triple Crown was pretty good too... but quiet on the day we went.

As for the club scene.... we didn't really hit it, but all everyone ever talked about was Bed and O-Bar.

Anyway, you can't go wrong. If you are staying at the marriott resort, you can walk to several of the bars. Otherwise, take a cab or get someone to drive you... everythings pretty close by.

Pretty much covers all my watering holes. Didn't see Breezes and the Paradise Grill in George Town mentioned. I like Breezes because of the view and cheap bar prices, even though the tip is added automatically. Margarittaville is worth a look but it's not cheap. I also think the Hard Rock is a rip-off. Watch the JD at Rackhams, the measures can be generous (or should that be vicious).
Just one plea - don't drink and drive. The cops are on a blitz at present and getting busted for DUI will ruin your vacation. If you have a rental car it also invalidates the insurance. Despite moans and *****es from us locals, the taxis offer a fast service, are not expensive and most bars will call one for you.

Back
Top Bottom