Grand Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't wear a wetsuit so I forgot to mention. They have a bar and hangers for wetsuits in addition to the baskets which they also take in at night and put out in the morning. Their gear management is really quite good. My disappointment was mostly in their crowded boats and no customer input to dive sites. Their DMs are all trainees with limited knowledge and experience with the Cozumel reefs but do a fairly good job. Their dive time do tend to run longer than what Dive Paradise did.

If you plan to dive with them, make sure you have reservations before you arrive. When I was there in June, they were turning customers away because their boats were full.

Thnx, I am happy to see that the gear management is better but I will miss some of my old DM friends from Dive Palancar. Most of them were excellent and after a few observational dives we could select dive sites on most days.

Thnx, I am happy to see that the gear management is better but I will miss some of my old DM friends from Dive Palancar. Most of them were excellent and after a few observational dives we could select dive sites on most days.

Oops, that's it - Dive Palancar. They still pick up at the Grand. I did prefer their boats and DMs over Pro Dive but saw the delays and hassle when they were picking up from the Sabor area with boats originating from the Grand. If I ever go to the Grand again, I will dive with one of the independent ops. After a week with inadequate AC in June, I'm looking for other resorts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom