GrandCayman(day only-taking cruise)-can anyone help me dive the east end in a day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leomattbraga

Reaction score
I will be at Grand Cayman from only 7:30am-4:30pm(carnival cruise-March)I want to dive the east end - I don't know how far away that is and if I can make with time? I am diving solo - no one else is certified. If it is to far away is there any charter companies who pick you up from the dock?please help

Check the following websites for east end diving on Cayman.
http://www.oceanfrontiers.com/
http://www.caymandivinglodge.com/home.html
You can check with both and see if they have a courtesy pickup at the harbor. I believe boats leave at 8:30 so you will be cutting it close. If neither have a courtesy pickup, be first at the dock. There will be taxis there that can take you to the east end. It has been many years since I dove with Diving Lodge and I never have with Oceans Frontiers, but I have read they are both good operations. I bet they will work with you. Good luck and enjoy the dives!

Ron C.

Hello leomattbraga,

Ditto RonC's suggestions. I have greatly enjoyed my diving with both ops.

Given the particulars of your situation, Ocean Frontiers may work out better. CDL does not provide transportation for non-resident day divers, and is a long & expensive cab ride. Ocean Frontiers, on the other hand, runs a gratis daily van to get folks in town & bring 'em out to their nifty new facility on the east end. Also will return you. You will need to contact them in advance, and I'd suggest well in advance given their popularity, to make sure your time restraits can be accommodated.

Best of luck.

DocVikingo

Don't get no better than east end away from the dang tourist all virgin and beautfiful vis. and walls, tunnels ,fish on..on..on.. I have a condo on the east end Morritt's Tortuga with boats right there. Call them and line up a dive then catch a cab or bus out. All equipt. right on spot I'm sure they can and will help. Enjoy your dive Capt. B.J.

I would agree... Ocean Frontiers would be your best bet as far as transportation to the East End (30-40 minute drive). And the diving East is superb!! But if your time restraints don't allow for East End give me a holler. I work for a nice small operation running off the West Side and I'd be happy to take you on a couple of really super dives. Just want you to know that your options are open... don't want you to get stuck on a cattleboat for your 1 day of diving here!
Have a great time! Casey

i e-mailed all with no luck with either because of time restraints
caymancase i am intersted PLEASE HELP- i would love to dive with you.again i am solo and there from 7:30-4:30pm-wherever the boatdocks.
i dove at bob sotos with a day certification last year on a cruise-not much to see there but the vis. was awesome.Needless to say i came home got certified in april and then took the advanced class-my friends wasted a whole summer of fun and never got certified-i guess they will be back at bob sotos because there is no certification up here in boston-too cold.well i am hooked and went every week until oct.and i just got back from puerto rico diving for a week.
any help please
matt

Well, you can email me at neptune@candw.ky and I can email you back with all the info that you need. Our AM trip (9 AM- 12 PM) fits nicely into your schedule. Talk to you soon! Casey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom