Great Barrier Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnylaw:
I am going Cairns in mid Dec. How's the currents like in GBR or PNG at that time?

Thanks for all the info and beautiful pix!!

Oct no currents to speak of in any location.

Hi cay have you started your countdown yet?.
I was talking with my wife the other day and I think our next trip will be around the Sep time they have the largest sing sing then in the highlands at a place called Goraka (spelling?) so it would be that and then on to Walindi.

cdiver2:
Oct no currents to speak of in any location.

Hi cay have you started your countdown yet?.
I was talking with my wife the other day and I think our next trip will be around the Sep time they have the largest sing sing then in the highlands at a place called Goraka (spelling?) so it would be that and then on to Walindi.

Well, if I count months then I'm at 10- :dazzler1: .
I've read about the big 'sing-sing' in Sep., I think that would be really something to see. I found an article from Lonely Planet about the big sing-sings and where you could go to see the "mudmen" as well as canoe up the Sepik River. The problem is all these things to do are along ways from eachother. I'm excited about the liveaboard and the diving at Walindi.
Who watches the m-inlaw while you're gone?
Other than that, I've been watching those dang hurricanes in the Carib., Cayman really is trashed!

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

caymaniac:
Well, if I count months then I'm at 10- :dazzler1: .
I've read about the big 'sing-sing' in Sep., I think that would be really something to see. I found an article from Lonely Planet about the big sing-sings and where you could go to see the "mudmen" as well as canoe up the Sepik River. The problem is all these things to do are along ways from eachother. I'm excited about the liveaboard and the diving at Walindi.
Who watches the m-inlaw while you're gone?
Other than that, I've been watching those dang hurricanes in the Carib., Cayman really is trashed!

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

10 months I'm wetting my pants wish it were me.
M-inlaw well that has put a serious damper on life at the moment. We pay some one to come in for a few hours now and then, last week Colleens sister took her for four days and we went to the windy city. Had a great time what a party town. For the first time in five months I forgot about M in Law I did not realize I was up so tight.

We are getting light affects from Ivan as I write, gusty winds about 30mph lots of dark clouds flying across the sky but no rain.....yet.
Keep reminding me when you are going on your trip I think I am looking forward to it as much as you.
All the best
David

Back
Top Bottom