Great Escape Charter Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I signed up for this Saturday on the GE. The weather looks like it will be perfect. Talked to Joy and she was very nice, told me I could even sleep overnight.:sleeping2: but I'll go in the morning, and yeah I will go hungry.:eat: We are doing a day trip to Catalina, $115. I'm pretty excited, want to try out my new light & computer.:banana:

My lovely bride and I are also booked on that boat! We will see you there!:D

I'll be on the Sundiver heading out towards Farnsworth, or otherwise I'd have been on the Great Escape as well.

Lets hope the conditions provide you a great dive HT. Say hi to Kyaa for me.

Hey fnlfalman.....hoping we can get together and dive sometime. Don't forget to give us all a report.........on your trip to Farnsworth.
Teamcasa, I am going solo this Saturday, so hope to find a buddy. Looks like great weather for the weekend........:mostlysunny:

:read:
My report such as it is: Arrived what I thought was early, 0500, but most people were already aboard and had a bunk or state room. They spent the night. Breakfast was great, omelets with all the fixin's, potatoes, coffee....good stuff.
Find a bunk, roomy enough with racks for your stuff.
Galley was very roomy, between dives is fruit, monkey cake, lunch hot sandwiches,:eat: french fries, potato salad, drinks, between dives, fresh baked brownies & vanilla ice cream.......:cool3:
Got three dives in. VIS was not so good, but at depth it was a bit better.
Crew was helpful and fills were quick. Rear deck was roomy and plenty of sit down space where your tank was in the holder. We had a very good and friendly group of divers ranging from 1st timers to a family from Canada with two 12 yo boys, and some very experienced divers.
It was a good day and if the diving had been better the day would have been perfect.
I am looking forward to going out again. :admin:

:read:
My report such as it is: Arrived what I thought was early, 0500, but most people were already aboard and had a bunk or state room. They spent the night. Breakfast was great, omelets with all the fixin's, potatoes, coffee....good stuff.
Find a bunk, roomy enough with racks for your stuff.
Galley was very roomy, between dives is fruit, monkey cake, lunch hot sandwiches,:eat: french fries, potato salad, drinks, between dives, fresh baked brownies & vanilla ice cream.......:cool3:
Got three dives in. VIS was not so good, but at depth it was a bit better.
Crew was helpful and fills were quick. Rear deck was roomy and plenty of sit down space where your tank was in the holder. We had a very good and friendly group of divers ranging from 1st timers to a family from Canada with two 12 yo boys, and some very experienced divers.
It was a good day and if the diving had been better the day would have been perfect.
I am looking forward to going out again. :admin:

Just curious what "not so good vis" is out at Catalina. I'm booked with the Great Escape on August 29, which will be my first California diving. I've had many low vis dives in the gulf, so anything over 20 ft will be nice.

Just curious what "not so good vis" is out at Catalina. I'm booked with the Great Escape on August 29, which will be my first California diving. I've had many low vis dives in the gulf, so anything over 20 ft will be nice.

Nothing special about socal. Bad vis is bad vis - 0-10'.

Well three weeks ago we went to Catalina and the VIS was a good 40-50 feet. This last Saturday was quite different. At the surface to about 20 feet or so, I'd estimate 5 feet VIS. At 25-45+ feet it was maybe 20 feet Max. I'm still new so these are only estimates and I'm sure others can chime in. sucbasaint; I am also booked for the 29th of August on the GE. I know the VIS can change from day to day and the GE also will, and did move to a better location if VIS is low in one area. Let's hope for good VIS on the 29th..........

20' vis is not bad for the early summer months but it can improve considerably as we approach fall. Last November we had 60'-70' vis days.

I look forward to meeting you and other ScubaBoard divers on the 29th:D

Back
Top Bottom