Great vacation at Deep Blue Dive Resort in Utila - whale shark and great diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkd

Registered
Reaction score
We had a fantastic trip to Utila in July! We swam with dolphins and a whale shark and dove on gorgeous walls. Deep Blue Dive Resort is a great dive resort where the quality of diving is the focus of their business. It is small and intimate with owners living on site -- a great place to stay. For a complete trip report and slide show, see:

http://ece.clemson.edu/crb/dawson/scubareports/scubareports.htm
(warning -- the slide show is a big file and lasts about 10 minutes)

WOW.... sounds like you had a blast.. I've been trying to swim with the whale sharks for years and keep missing them. I tried to view your slide show, but it only let me see 2 photos, then vanished... I got to see that amazing picture of the whale shark (awesome photo) I'd love to see the others, but not sure how too...

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

And thanks for the report. It's always good to know what others think and have experienced.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Yes -- we were indeed fortunate to see the whale shark __ it honestly never crossed my mind that we would see one in late July so it was really a fantastic surprise. If you're really interested in whale shark hunting, I know Deep Blue is running a special program next spring involving researchers staying with them for 6 weeks to try and tag them to learn more about their behavior. They will be hiring a spotter plane and running a very fast boat -- sounds exciting -- contact them at deepblueutila.com for more details if you're interested.
Sorry you couldn't see the slideshow -- I made some edits and updated the file -- you could try it again now. I also put some of the photos on-line on webshots -- you can check them out at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dkdawson1
I'm not sure if you have to register w/webshots (free) to see them or not -- if so, sorry for the hassle, but it's the easiest and cheapest way I have to get them on-line, as I use webshots for my screensaver.

OK...now I'm green with envy. Glad you had a great trip.

Man...I want one of thos trips....NOW!

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

Must have been nice. Sounds like somewhere I would like to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom