Great White Picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreatWhite1.JPG
Terrific shot Carole!

I've had two friends who went down there on separate trips and had GWS go right through the cage!
I'll bet that gave your friends a scare!

So why are the cages so open? For cameras? It looks like a slightly smaller shark than the one in the picture could squeeze right through this cage too. Something just doesn't seem right about that big opening in the cage :D

Fantasic pictures. Must have been quite an experience.
Even with the cage your adrenalin levels must have reached extreme levels, I know mine would have.
Yes please a trip report, personal point of view, and more pictures please

tp.gif
WOW!!!
Just came back from Guadalupe Island, cage Diving with the Great White Shark!
Travelling with the Nautilus Explorer.
This is just one of over 500 Pictures that wraps up the Week's Event!!

GreatWhite1.JPG

Nice pics, Carole ... I was just talking about that trip with a friend of mine ... Walt Amidon. Was he on the Nautilus with you?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Nice pics, Carole ... I was just talking about that trip with a friend of mine ... Walt Amidon. Was he on the Nautilus with you?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

LOL...the thing is that there are no sharks small enough to fit through that wide space. You also have to realize that the shark are hungry for food, and the cages (with us inside) does not encourage their appetite. Even when us girls where oowing and awing over the cute baby, it was still around 8 feet long. One smaller shark got itself stuck between the cage and the boat, and like any animal, trashed around until it freed itself, the divers in the cage all confessed to "wetting" their wet suit, but were more concern about the shark having hurt itself. Someone actually got a video of the incident which show the shark with a bloody "lip". The bait it fairly close to the boat, but obviously not close enough, most of us had parts of body outside the cage at one time or another just to get a better shot....LOL (That's a no no!!)

Carole

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Did you get the feeling you would get bitten if you were out of the cage? I'd love to do a Great White dive...cage-less would be the ultimate thrill!
Ber :lilbunny:
The name doesn't a bell, but I was sick during the trip (Head Cold / Flu), so when I wasn't in the cage, most of the time I was laying down. We had a Doc onboard...LOL
Came back home with Bronchitist, larrengitist(sic?) and a sinus infection....now I'm whinning a bunch!
Carole

Originally Posted by Ber Rabbit
Did you get the feeling you would get bitten if you were out of the cage? I'd love to do a Great White dive...cage-less would be the ultimate thrill!

The Ultimate would be the video montage at your wake...LOL
I have always considered myself a fish in water, but on of their teeth would problably cover the palm of my hand and they have many, many, many of them.

The Ultimate would be the video montage at your wake...LOL
I have always considered myself a fish in water, but on of their teeth would problably cover the palm of my hand and they have many, many, many of them.

LOL! My husband is trained to keep taking pictures no matter what :D I love the videos where the people put their hand on the sharks nose to push them away from the boat motor. Alas if given the chance to do that I would probably have one hand on its nose and the other fishing around in its mouth for loose teeth. I know they lose them regularly...what a trophy that would be LOL!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom