Greetings from Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm not new to diving, but I'm new to this forum. Everyone seems very nice and extremely knowledegable, so I'm happy to have found this board. Cheers!

ChicagoMermaid:
Hi everyone,

I'm not new to diving, but I'm new to this forum. Everyone seems very nice and extremely knowledegable, so I'm happy to have found this board. Cheers!

Hello from Matt,

Welcome to ScubaBoard ! :1poke: I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here.
There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care from Matt. :snorkels:

Welcome to Scubaboard, we're glad you found us. If I can be of any help, send me a message.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

This is a great place to spend you surface intervals! The collective knowledge and wisdom on the board is a great resource to have.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Welcome to the Board! I think you will enjoy your time on line.

I spend a fair amount of time in the Chicago area on business and keep threatening to bring my gear and do some dives. How are the conditions now and what are the hot spots to dive. I am going to be in Chicago the 2nd week in September and could change my plans if the diving is worthwhile.

Thanks and enjoy.

Dan

Welcome to the board ChicagoMermaid... A place with great chats, great info, and great people.

I come the Chicago every year... great city... gotta luv the Blues...

I am there the beginning of December usually,,, way too cold for diving.

Heya and welcome to the Board! This a great place to hang out during a SI. You’ll meet tons of new friends and dive buddies right here! This place has a wealth of knowledge to offer divers of any level.
Best wishes !

Thanks to all of you for making me feel welcome.

To Bubblemaker: You're right...way too cold to dive here in December! But hiding out in a few blues joints seems to help ease the pain. :wink:

To Boater Dan: To be quite honest, I try not to spend too much time in Lake Michigan. I'm sure I'll catch some heat for this, but it is one filthy lake! The beaches have been closed for most of the summer due to high bacteria counts. There are even warnings out not to eat fish that come from the lake. :bubble_fi A lot of local divers do enjoy the wrecks. http://www.sealeveldiving.com/12/ The water is usually cold and murky, but in the late summer, it can get into the 70's with decent vis. Here's a link to the charter info. They have a lake cam too. http://www.divechicago.com/charters.htm

Howdy! :crafty:

Welcome to SB. Hope to get to know you around the forums.

Be sure to visit our Great Lakes and Midwest forums...

PM me if I can help, and stay in touch....

don

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

My Dad was from Belvidere, Ill. Give me a PM if you have any ??s

Back
Top Bottom