Greetings from Los Angeles/Long Beach!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to ScubaBoard.
If you visit the SoCal forums, plenty of divers there to help you out.

Words of Wisdom:
Dive as often as you can with a seasoned, knowledgeable diver/mentor.
Avoid the I know everything and if you don’t listen, you’re a idiot and will certainly die divers.
Get hooked up with a local dive club.
Spend a significant reading posts here New Divers and Those Considering Diving and here Accidents and Incidents
Don’t use an underwater camera until you are really comfortable in the water and can hold a stop unassisted.

Thanks so much! Once I'm certified, I'll head out to a local dive shop to purchase my own gear (I've experienced enough with buying snowboard gear in larger chains that, often, the personnel there are sometimes not the most informed or motivated to share their knowledge. Once in a while you hit the jackpot and find someone who can't wait to talk to you - from their own and valid experience). I'll use that as a resource in meeting fellow divers, hopefully much more experienced than myself. Fortunately, I also have experienced divers in my family who are chomping at the bit to get in the water. Local dive club...I'll look one up, that sounds like a good way to get plugged in too!

Welcome to the 'board and to SCUBA!!!!!

Feel free to drop on down to your local forum as Dave already stated... Check out the http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/beach-crabs/ as a source toi help your continued education.
When you think you know all about diving you will become a danger to yourself and your buddies.
Bottem line: have fun and dive safe! Hope to see you in the water someday soon.

Never hold your breath?

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom