Greetings from Vancouver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annasea

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I reside in Vancouver, Canada and recently finished the course work and confined dives portion of my PADI OW certification.

I'm planning on completing my ocean dives somewhere warm and tropical, with excellent and patient instruction. Any suggestions would be most welcome -- especially for Hawaii.

Thank you!

Well, well, Anna... you can run, but you can't hide. When I first saw this post I was wondering why you were introducing yourself on SB. Then I realized why! Welcome to SB and enjoy the comraderie of yet another great group of folks!

Hi annasea, welcome to ScubaBoard. I see you have already met the Doc. :D

annasea:
Hello,

I reside in Vancouver, Canada and recently finished the course work and confined dives portion of my PADI OW certification.

I'm planning on completing my ocean dives somewhere warm and tropical, with excellent and patient instruction. Any suggestions would be most welcome -- especially for Hawaii.

Thank you!

If you go diving in Hawaii, I highly recommend doing the manta ray dive off of the Kona Coast (big island). It is one of the top dives in the world. You'll basically be feeding 15-20 huge manta rays (wingspan up to 20') with lights that attract plankton. Its unbelievable. If you want to know about some other tropical diving check out my blog!

Glad you've joined us...

funkyspelunker:
If you go diving in Hawaii, I highly recommend doing the manta ray dive off of the Kona Coast (big island). It is one of the top dives in the world. You'll basically be feeding 15-20 huge manta rays (wingspan up to 20') with lights that attract plankton. Its unbelievable. If you want to know about some other tropical diving check out my blog!
Thx for the tip, Calvin! And great photos in your blog, too!

annasea:
Hello,

Hiya Annasea! Welcome!

I guess the online diving community is a little like living in a small town: everybody knows everybody else, and you can't go anywhere without bumping into someone familiar. :)

I don't know if you could consider them exactly warm, but there are several springs in Florida that you might be able to get referred to for the open water dives. I did mine at Ginnie Springs and Blue Grotto; very nice! Clear water, and not too crowded this time of year.

Anyway, welcome to the board!

Regards,

jholley309:
Hiya Annasea! Welcome!

I guess the online diving community is a little like living in a small town: everybody knows everybody else, and you can't go anywhere without bumping into someone familiar. :)

I don't know if you could consider them exactly warm, but there are several springs in Florida that you might be able to get referred to for the open water dives. I did mine at Ginnie Springs and Blue Grotto; very nice! Clear water, and not too crowded this time of year.

Anyway, welcome to the board!

Regards,
Hey Jim,

Thx for the greeting! And the springs suggestions -- this is the first I've heard of springs in Florida. Would you care to recommend an instructor and/or dive shop? Feel free to PM me if you feel more comfortable. Or post a response on the *other* board. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom