greetings! Headed to Cuba..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sorry for this negative report. Going back to before the virus, I have made 4 live aboard trips to the south side of Cuba, in the Garden of the Queens. Up until the last trip, all of the diving was spectacular. We previously saw lots of fish, turtles, sharks and the coral was in pristine condition. On the last trip, about a year ago, all of the coral was bleached and we saw about 1/2 of the fish life. I will not go back unless I know that the conditions have changed. I have posted previously about the changes and a search should find the.

Just back from a week of diving with Scubacuba.ca. Best warm water diving I have experienced in 30 years. Reefs are virtually untouched. Dive team will do anything for you. Hotel food not great but passable but you can't beat the price.It was so good that my buddy and I just have to see where we can fit it into our schedule again

Just back from a week of diving with Scubacuba.ca. Best warm water diving I have experienced in 30 years. Reefs are virtually untouched. Dive team will do anything for you. Hotel food not great but passable but you can't beat the price.It was so good that my buddy and I just have to see where we can fit it into our schedule again
Where in Cuba?

Just got back from a trip to Cienfuegos - same trip JMark was on. Diving was amazing. Get in touch with Scubacuba.

Were you diving in the Garden of the Queens? We were there less than a year ago and all of the coral was bleached. Water temperature was 87-90.

scubacuba.ca... check out trips.. some of best amounts of coral to see. cheap to go. you have your pick of hotels to stay in
going myself, on the 20th...

going back for my 3rd time on the 20th

Were you diving in the Garden of the Queens? We were there less than a year ago and all of the coral was bleached. Water temperature was 87-90.
No.Just off the shore of Faro Luna Hotel. There was no bleaching just a few areas of rubble from hurricanes. Water temps 82-83

Cienfuegos is not to be confused with Gardens of the Queen, is is a totally different location and diving in Cienfuegos is not as good as in Gardens of the Queen, diving in Cienfuegos is Ok but I would not consider it as one of the top Diving Destinations in the Island. I agree about the friendly Staff, specially "El Flaco" Manzanares, and I can understand why this location can be a memorable experience for many, specially for the attractive prices SCUBACUBA.CA is offering,however, if the OP interests are the best diving sites in the Island there are other places ranking higher than Cienfuegos.
And a little tip, if you are a cuban living in another country, or are travelling with someone who was born in Cuba and lives in another country, you or that other person may not be allowed onboard cuban boats.
Happy diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom