Greets from Stockholm/Sweden

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bacaruda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My first posting on this excellent forum.

Are fairly new (one year) to scuba diving, and are trying to find the right profile/gear for my future diving, both in Sweden and abroad. As an engineer, scuba is a great sport activity due to the amount of must have gadgets that you simply can't be without! If I ever need an excuse for shopping, it will always be INCREASED SAFETY.
That knife, torch, extra mask, new fins, spring straps will probably save my life..
And if one knife is good, then i probably need two, just in case..

Consider myself as a Coctail diver with an interest in lighter wreck exploration.
Have so far made 2 principal decisions (that I will probably have to revise in the future..)

1. Dare to refuse Dry-suit: A tough choise diving in Sweden. Done 10 dry-suit dives so far and don't like it. If it's to cold for a 7+5 mm semi-dry, don't dive! Thermos with hot water pored inside the suit before and after the dive helps..
2. No doubles. Single 10 lit/300bar + 3 lit232bar pony is air and safe enough for my kind of diving.

When i did my OW, I had a vision of diving on the east coast of Sweden (the Stockholm region) as swimming in very cold pea soop with nothing to see or explore. But discovering the east-sea's unique amount of historical wrecks in unbeliveable condition have proven me wrong. So there will be more than just training dives to keep my skills at home prior to trips to warmer diving locations.

Have already picked up alot of good advice on this forum for my next planned gear upgrade (gonna loose another 15 pounds and reward myself by switching my then-to-large bcd-jacket for a harness + wing).

Dive well and dive safe!

action-smiley-069.gif
Howdy and Welcome to SB...!

Your should be able to find all of your answers as well as new friends on the respective forums here. Click Forums on the bar above, look at all the various choices, and try some - especially your local forum. Click here to send me a PM (private message) if I can help you find your way here. And check in often...!

don
grinning-smiley-039.gif

smiley-linie-010.gif

Back
Top Bottom