Guadalupe Island and Socorro Island, Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there a live aboard trip that covers both of these 2 islands together at the same time?

not that I am aware of. I really doubt there would be.

Nope, too far apart. Guadalupe is 160NM West of Ensenada, Socorro is 250NM South of Cabo San Lucas. So they'd burn up a day+ traveling between each place - in addition to the day it already takes to get to Socorro. I suppose someone could do a one way trip, start in Cabo end in Ensenada/San Diego. Kind of like Explorer does on the Saba/St. Kitts trip.

There's boats that do both destinations - Solmar V for example. But there's a week break in their schedule in October so they can relocate the boat from Ensenada to Cabo. In the summer they do boat maintenance the month of July before moving to the other destination.

Rocio Del Mar doesn't do Guadalupe - they dive the Sea of Cortez instead - I think the Club Cantamar boat(s) do also - they're based near Cabo.

Fyi, Nautilus is bringing a new boat (Belle Amie) online soon so there should be some 2015 availability to both locations.
IIRC both Solmar and Rocio were completely sold out for 2015 months ago. Or pretty close to it last time I checked

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom