GUE Cave 1 video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WYDT once bubbled...
... no video could really ever show you what it's really like.. ok, maybe an IMAX with a million dollars worth of lighting...

There's a great IMAX DVD called "Amazing Caves". They show exploration of ice caves, dry caves and some awesome cave diving shots compliments of Wes Skiles and Buddy Quattlebaum (sp?).

One of the two gals they filmed learned to scuba and cave dive just for this film! Poor thing, had to recreate going through a really tight restriction about 8 times before the director was happy with the shot. No thanks!! Once through would be plenty for me! I'm not a caver but enjoy reading about cave diving since several of my close buddies are getting trained.

On the other aspect of this thread: Since when are STUDENTS expected to be perfect at everything before their class? Isn't that precisely why we take classes - to learn what to improve and how to accomplish that?? I think several people are critiquing this CLASS video as if it were a professional video by experienced cavers.

Also, isn't it possible that Tamara teaches other types of cave classes besides GUE?

diveski01 once bubbled...

On the other aspect of this thread: Since when are STUDENTS expected to be perfect at everything before their class? Isn't that precisely why we take classes - to learn what to improve and how to accomplish that?? I think several people are critiquing this CLASS video as if it were a professional video by experienced cavers.

Also, isn't it possible that Tamara teaches other types of cave classes besides GUE?

I finally got to see the video. It's hard to not be critical. whoever the first diver was in the video was awfull. Trim and finning technique should be in order before entering the cave. The cave is the place to learn cave diving not diving otherwise we tear the cave up too much.

Good Job on finding this Video. It is great, Thanks a lot

Very entertaining video Dee. Thanks for the link.

That was a cool video. It makes me understand how cave diving can get complicated in a hurry if there is an emergency.

Does anyone know what he was talking about when he was dipping his suit into the spring? Was he **tching about the silt? It was driving me crazy not being able to figure out what he was going off about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom