Question GUE - Is it much different to traditional agencies like SSI or PADI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But you are right that the Fundies-T1-T2/CCR1 training progression is for w*nkers with current helium prices.

My bad, I meant Fundies -> T1 -> CCR or T2. Still, from what I can tell at least on UK boats, most divers who plan to dive deeper wrecks simply skipped the GUE route completely (including myself). Incredibly few divers can afford to get the trimix experience dives and the rest simply fake it - by calling a 30 meter dive with 10 minutes of deco a "T1" dive.
It looks like GUE is making some changes because of the price of helium:

“For now, GUE has approved the opportunity for waiver of the 25 deep experience dives after Tech 1 training, greatly reducing the cost of gasses needed for progression to the CCR1 program,” Jablonski told InDEPTH, meaning that GUE divers can take their CCR1 course directly after completing Tech 1. “The waiver is case-dependent and not compulsory for a given instructor, but can be a useful stop-gap measure while GUE formalizes an optimal path forward given all the variables involved.”

Linked is the article. The Helium Outlook

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom