GUE Membership

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i forgot a picture

Thanks NACD

Hey guys,

GUE and the WKPP are two different organizations. George Irvine may advocate (albeit agressively) for DIR, but he has nothing to do with GUE.

I bought an upgraded membership because of the access it gives to certain parts of the website, the quest list, and discounts on Halycon gear. I think it's worth the money.

You couldn't pay to get into the WKPP:) (although I"d love to!)

i realize they are different organizations but my experience has been that some GUE followers have become fervent in a GI way.I dont feel being elitist is productive but I know J. Jablonski contributes to the NSS as A major member.

eramosakarst once bubbled...
i realize they are different organizations but my experience has been that some GUE followers have become fervent in a GI way.I dont feel being elitist is productive but I know J. Jablonski contributes to the NSS as A major member.

Of course. You'll find extremes in every group.

detroit diver once bubbled...

and discounts on Halycon gear

How much of a discount do you get? Need to get some stuff from them...might be worth my effort to join.

ElectricZombie once bubbled...

How much of a discount do you get? Need to get some stuff from them...might be worth my effort to join.

Discount varies (I think) based on membership level. Check the membership level pages on their site. It used to be better than it is now. When I first joined, I paid $50 and got a coupon for $50 off gear purchase over $300. I needed some stuff so I got my membership for free. Then someone did the math and changed the deal! Then they did away with the $50 membership ( the lowest level at which you get a printed copy of their mag) and made the bottom $100. I dropped to the electronic membership level for $29.95 and can download the mag and print it out. They do have about the best info I have seen reported on deco, O2 window and such. Beats the heck out of Advanced Diver & Imersed which are more "coffee table" magazines (in my never to be humble opinion). I'm willing to pay for the mag but not their exploration.

Dave D

It depends on the level that you join in on. Here's from their site:

Individuals interested in becoming integral elements of an organization committed to setting new standards of diving excellence-in diver education, in global underwater exploration, and in the defense of the aquatic environment and its inhabitants-can become members of GUE and help it realize its singular vision. Besides being responsible for a diving revolution that will forever transform the face of diving, membership entitles individual members to an ever-growing list of benefits; these are listed below and vary according to one's degree of participation. Please contact GUE for information regarding exciting forthcoming benefits or for how to add your company's services to this list of resources.

Membership categories
Electronic Membership
$29

5% discount on all GUE purchases
Online subscription to DIR/Quest through www.dirquest.com. This revolutionary journal will redefine the dissemination of diving information with quarterly issues and a dynamic electronic presence.
Membership at this level also includes a subscription to the private quest@gue.com mailing list, a moderated forum bringing together the world's top divers, environmentalists, and fitness experts. You will also have access to the online archive of quest@gue.com through our DirQuest site.

Silver Membership
$100

5% discount on all GUE purchases
High quality cotton GUE T-shirt
Subscription to DIR/Quest. This revolutionary journal will redefine the dissemination of diving information with quarterly issues and a dynamic electronic presence. Subscription also includes access to the DIR/Quest Online.
Membership at this level also includes a subscription to the private GUE mailing list, a moderated forum bringing together the world's top divers, environmentalists, and fitness experts. You will also have access to the online archive of quest@gue.com through our DirQuest site.

Gold Membership
$250

10% discount on all GUE purchases
Subscription to DIR/Quest. This revolutionary journal will redefine the dissemination of diving information with quarterly issues and a dynamic electronic presence. Subscription also includes access to the DIR/Quest Online.
Membership at this level also includes a subscription to the private GUE mailing list, a moderated forum bringing together the world's top divers, environmentalists, and fitness experts. You will also have access to the online archive of quest@gue.com through our DirQuest site.
Guaranteed spot on a yearly exclusive dive trip with GUE exploration divers to a dive location of interest to the membership (e.g., Scapa Flow, Yucatan caves, Brazilian caves, Baltic Sea); members are responsible for their own expenses. These trips will run each year around springtime (depending on environmental conditions). Plans for 2001 are being laid out for a trip to the Yucatan.

Platinum Membership
$1000

20% discount on all GUE purchases
Guaranteed spot on a yearly exclusive dive trip with GUE exploration divers to a dive location of interest to the membership (e.g., Scapa Flow, Yucatan caves, Brazilian caves, Baltic Sea); members are responsible for their own expenses. These trips will run each year around springtime (depending on environmental conditions). Plans for 2001 are being laid out for a trip to the Yucatan.
2 days of diving with GUE's top divers and instructors, including GUE's President Jarrod Jablonski. Participants may structure their time in the areas they are most interested in improving.

I have been concidering joining but my question for those of you who are member is does the discount that is mentioned apply to Halcyon gear or is it only for GUE materials?

Thanks

Chad

and in the defense of the aquatic environment and its inhabitants-can
an anybody elaberate on this

ckharlan66 once bubbled...
I have been concidering joining but my question for those of you who are member is does the discount that is mentioned apply to Halcyon gear or is it only for GUE materials?

Thanks

Chad

Chad,

It used to be available for Halcyon stuff, but I'm really not sure anymore. I used it for my DIRF class this year.

Go to www.gue.com and ask them directly. They've changed some of the perks over the years, and the web site still shows some 2001 dates (see my post above). I'd contact them to find out what's current.

For those with the money, the opportunity to dive with this group, and JJ, would be well worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom