GUE Membership

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwb once bubbled...
DD,
If you are going to cross-post from the Quest list, you should:

a) clearly delineate your editorial comments from those of the cross-post,

b) provide a background context of the post that you are cut/pasting. It often has a myriad of facets due to the environment the original post was made in. Those seeing the cross-post don't have the benefit of the rest of the thread you chose to leave out.

IMHO, you are better off to avoid the cross-posting and just paraphrase what you've read from there. If you paraphrase, you need only be prepared to "defend" your interpretation of what you've read. If you quote, you have to "defend" what "they" said. With the nature of the threads on Quest, I'm guessing you'll do better to avoid cross-posting "sound-bites".

A general comment that I would toss out for thought, not necessarily directed at you or this thread, is that a true grasp of a topic lies not in understanding what your have read, but in how well you can explain and lead someone else to an understanding of what you've read.

respectfully,
wb (Bob)

If you're referring to the Gene Hobbs quote,

a. I did seperate his quote from mine with bold typeface.

b. This quote had everything to do with the direction of this thread.

I don't need to defend Gene Hobbs information. In fact, I find an experts comments to be more valid than trying to interpret what I believe they said. His post spoke for itself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom