GUE Membership

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DD,

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't even though about using it for DIRF, but I am taking it in the Spring and that would be a plus. I will contact them and see what they have to say.

Chad

I emailed GUE and got a response already, gosh those guy are even working on Sunday.

The discount only applies to GUE products.

Chad

I knew their service was outstanding, but I wouldn't have thought you'd find them today!!!

I was expecting it to be Tuesday before I got a response.

Chad

I sent another email to see if it applied to training or to materials only and the response was materials only.

Chad

I am not exactly sure what they do, I joined the lowest tier just to get access to the Quest Forum. I have discussed with my buddies how useful it is and I doubt I would rejoin just for them. There are some good divers on there willing to share good info, but it is not like they are unaccessible off of the GUE site either.

In our DIR Fund class JJ made mention of another forum that would be moderated by an instructor and geared toward newer divers or those just learning about GUE techniques but nothing has materialized yet.

Quest discourse is a step or so above techdiver IMO but not by much.

Tommy

But, since they are often lumped together by people, we can look at them together. I don't know what they are doing with caves, but I know they sponsored a coastal cleanup in Florida this year.

It doesn't really matter, IMHO, because what they are doing every day is worth every penny of GUE membership. I attended a talk by Bruce Wienke earlier this season about RGBM, deco, deep stops, etc. and guess where he got the data he was using in his examples - WKPP and GUE (specifically JJ's profile data). The work done by the WKPP and GUE on furthering the science of decompression is something that affects us all and they have also been instrumental in testing the RGBM model. The guys from Duke follow them around and run tests on them all the time - doppler, etc.

As a side note,
For those of you who want to join another group, here's a great opportunity.
Dive Sherpa Enterprises or DSE.
You can provide my associates and I the material backing to continue our Telford Survey Project. As this benefits all cave divers, you can send goods (survey markers, new software, etc...) to any of us. We will take your money, but will make no promises as to how it will be spent (British Deco). WE also accept gift certificates for top-offs, O2, and T bottles of He, O2, or Ar.
If you have a damaged scooter, we will take it and use what we can for our survey.

We are also in dire need of a compressor and a Haskel.
Anyone interested can PM me and I'll send you our addresses.

You can't write it off, but you can help with the survey.

:dieputer:

Divesherpa once bubbled...
As a side note,
For those of you who want to join another group, here's a great opportunity.
Dive Sherpa Enterprises or DSE.
You can provide my associates and I the material backing to continue our Telford Survey Project. As this benefits all cave divers, you can send goods (survey markers, new software, etc...) to any of us. We will take your money, but will make no promises as to how it will be spent (British Deco). WE also accept gift certificates for top-offs, O2, and T bottles of He, O2, or Ar.
If you have a damaged scooter, we will take it and use what we can for our survey.

We are also in dire need of a compressor and a Haskel.
Anyone interested can PM me and I'll send you our addresses.

You can't write it off, but you can help with the survey.

:dieputer:

After due consideration I have decided that I can also apply British deco to my own Telford explorations so joining your organization is more worthwhile so...sign me up.

He in Telford?

Speaking of GUE, what's the deal with the bent diver on the Brittanic project...and something about an instructor getting bent? Is GUE covering up instances of their members/instructors getting bent?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom